St Andrew's Academy, Paisley
St Andrew's Academy is a Roman Catholic secondary school in Hawkhead, Paisley, Scotland. The school was opened in 1990, with its importance growing in 2001 when St Mirin's and St Margaret's High School closed. New buildings were completed in 2006. It has eight feeder primary schools in the town. The current headteacher is Mr Kevin Henry.
In 2008, the pupil roll was 1145. By 2017, this had risen to a full capacity of 1260, causing a situation when local children who applied to attend the school but were not in the associated primaries were subject to a ballot, with some being denied a place even when their older siblings were already pupils there.
- St Andrew's Academy, Renfrewshire Council
- St Andrew’s Academy Paisley, HM Inspectorate of Education, 4 March 2008
- St Andrew’s plans for a special day, Scottish Catholic Observer, 1 December 2017
- Parents fury as St Andrew's Academy ballot splits up siblings and friends, Daily Record, 30 January 2019
- Paolo Nutini's music teacher on the hard work that got him to the top, and how he was destined to be a star, Daily Record, 15 June 2014
- "St Andrew's Academy - Renfrewshire". Education Scotland. Retrieved 30 April 2016. S
- Brady, Jon (26 March 2015). "How well is your kids' school performing? Check our table for the latest exam statistics". Daily Record. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
|This article relating to education in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Catholic Church-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|