This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Springer Publishing is an American publishing company of academic journals and books, focusing on the fields of nursing, gerontology, psychology, social work, counseling, public health, and rehabilitation (neuropsychology). It was established in 1950 by Bernhard Springer, a great-grandson of Julius Springer, and is based on the 15th floor of the Salmon Tower in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
|Parent company||Mannheim Media|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Salmon Tower Building|
New York City
Login Brothers Canada (Canada)
Viva Books (India)
Taylor & Francis (Asia)
Footprint Books (Australia)
The Eurospan Group (EMEA)
|Nonfiction topics||Nursing, gerontology, psychology, social work, counseling, public health, and rehabilitation|
|Imprints||Demos Medical Publishing|
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dr. Springer's first landmark publications included Livestock Health Encyclopedia by Dr. R. Seiden and the 1952 Handbook of Cardiology for Nurses. The new company's books soon branched into other fields, including medicine and psychology. Nursing publications grew rapidly in number, as Dr. Modell's Drugs in Current Use, a small annual paperback, sold over 150,000 copies over several editions. Dr. Solomon Garb's Laboratory Tests for Nurses, first published in 1954, sold nearly 240,000 copies over six editions in 25 years.
In its second decade, Springer Publishing Company expanded into new publishing areas to reflect the rapidly expanding health care industry. Gerontology was a growing topic of interest, and in the 1960s Bernhard Springer published six titles on aging. Meanwhile, publications in psychiatry and psychology continued to grow.
After Springer's death in 1970, his wife Ursula assumed responsibility for the company. Under Dr. Ursula Springer, Springer Publishing Company continued to expand, adding titles in social work, counseling, rehabilitation, and public health, in addition to publishing journals, and annual reviews.
- Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Annual Review of Nursing Research
- Clinical Lactation
- Connect: The World of Critical Care Nurse
- Creative Nursing
- Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry
- International Journal of Childbirth
- International Journal for Human Caring
- Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling
- Journal of Cognitive Education and Psychology
- Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy
- Journal of Doctoral Nursing Practice
- Journal of EMDR Practice and Research
- Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning
- Journal of Nursing Measurement
- Journal of Perinatal Education
- Minority Nurse
- Neonatal Network
- Nursing History Review
- Partner Abuse
- Rehabilitation Research, Policy, and Education
- Research and Theory for Nursing Practice
- Urban Social Work
- Violence and Victims
- "BOOKSELLERS". Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- Springer Publishing History Archived 26 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Contact Us Archived 29 June 2014 at the Wayback Machine." Springer Publishing. Retrieved on October 15, 2012. "11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor New York, NY 10036"
- Springer Publishing Company and Demos Medical Publishing Merge to Better Serve Health Care and Helping Professions
- "Springer Publishing Journals".