This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Spacelords (previously known as Raiders of the Broken Planet) is an online action-adventure video game developed and published by Spanish studio MercurySteam. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 22, 2017.
|Release||September 22, 2017|
Spacelords is an asymmetric online adventure game. There are gameplay elements which task the players to shoot and brawl and utilize strategy. A story mode, which will be released episodically, is also planned.
Development for the game had already begun before the release of MercurySteam's previous game, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. Dave Cox, the producer of the Castlevania franchise, revealed that some of the abandoned gameplay elements for Lords of Shadow 2, such as the combat mechanics, may be featured in the company's next game. In March 2016, Cox announced that his partnership with MercurySteam and that the company was working on a new game with a sci-fi setting. Enric Alvarez, the head of MercurySteam, further described the project as one of the company's most "ambitious" titles. The game was teased by MercurySteam multiple times before it was officially announced in April 2016. MercurySteam is set to self-publish Raiders of the Broken Planet for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One on September 22, 2017. A beta test for the Windows version is set to be held before the game's official release.
On July 21, 2018, MercurySteam have announced the new name for the game as Spacelords and planned to go with Free-2-Play by giving players access to all four campaigns (a total of 16 multi-stage missions) at once, accessible in any order they choose. There will also be a new progression system, allowing players to access the game’s entire character roster.
- Prell, Sam (April 28, 2016). "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow devs take to the stars with Raiders of the Broken Planet". GamesRadar. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Makuch, Eddie (January 9, 2014). "Castlevania dev's new game for Xbox One, PS4 is "completely different," not coming to Wii U". GameSpot. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Jarvis, Matthew (March 21, 2016). "Konami producer Dave Cox reunites with Castlevania dev MercurySteam". Develop. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Makuch, Eddie (April 15, 2016). "Castlevania Dev Reveals "Epic Multiplayer" Game, See First Image Here". GameSpot. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Phillips, Tom (August 18, 2017). "Raiders of the Broken Planet has a release date and a tempting price". Eurogamer. Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- McWhertor, Michael (2016-04-15). "Castlevania developer MercurySteam reveals new game Raiders of the Broken Planet". Polygon. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- Jones, Ali (2018-07-21). "Raiders of the Broken Planet is dead, long live Spacelords". PCGamesN. Retrieved 2018-10-09.