This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2022)
The Southeast Iowa Union is a weekdaily regional newspaper based in Washington, Mt. Pleasant, and Fairfield, Iowa, United States. The newspaper serves Jefferson, Henry and Washington counties.
|Headquarters||111 N Marion Ave, Washington, IA, 52353, U.S.|
The Fairfield edition of the Southeast Iowa Union is a participant in the Iowa Newspaper Association.
The Southeast Iowa Union was launched in 2019 from the merger of three newspapers: the Washington Evening Journal, The Fairfield Ledger, and Mt. Pleasant News. On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday readers receive the Southeast Iowa Union. On Thursday readers receive their old local newspaper.
In July 2022, The Gazette purchased four weekly newspapers – the Star Press-Union of Belle Plaine, the Marengo Pioneer Republican of Iowa County, Williamsburg Journal Tribune, and Poweshiek County Chronicle Republican of Grinnell – from Gannett (owners of The Des Moines Register). Editorial, advertising and business functions of the four weekly newspapers, the oldest title of which dates to 1856, are based in Washington; editorial content had been overseen by the Register under previous ownership. The four newspapers cover Iowa, Poweshiek and Benton counties, and areas of western Johnson and northern Keokuk counties.
- "The Southeast Iowa Union — your source for local news". www.southeastiowaunion.com. Retrieved 2021-11-12.
- "The Journal Saves 5 Day Delivery & Launches the Southeast Iowa Union". City of Washington, Iowa. 2019-08-06. Retrieved 2021-11-12.
- "Links-Jefferson County Government - Fairfield IA". jeffersoncounty.iowa.gov. Retrieved 2021-11-26.
- "Pages for the 21st Century". Iowa Newspaper Association. Retrieved 2021-11-26.
- "Gazette Communications buys three southeast Iowa newspapers". www.thegazette.com. Retrieved 2021-11-12.
- "What Makes Iowa Newspapers Resilient?". Center for Journalism & Liberty. Retrieved 2021-11-26.
- "The Gazette will move printing operations to Des Moines". AP NEWS. 2021-07-09. Retrieved 2021-11-26.
- "Gazette, Southeast Iowa Union acquire four weekly newspapers," The Gazette, August 3, 2022. Accessed 08-09-2022.