This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sojourn was a fantasy comic book series published by CrossGen about the adventures of the archer Arwyn and her friend Gareth as they traveled in a fantasy world with dragons, trolls, and magic. Starting in 2001, it ran for 35 issues (including a prequel) before it was forced to end by the bankruptcy of CrossGen in 2004. For a time, this series was Crossgen's highest grossing comic.
Cover to Sojourn #1
|Publisher||Crossgen Comics inc|
|Publication date||August 2001 – May 2004|
|No. of issues||35|
|Main character(s)||Arwyn, Gareth, Kreeg, Cassidy, Mordath, Bohr, Gustavus, Neven, Ayden, Shiara|
|Created by||Mark Alessi, Gina M. Villa|
|Written by||Ron Marz, Ian Edginton|
A woman named Arwyn, her dog Kreeg, and a one-eyed man named Gareth travel throughout the lands of the planet Quin looking for five shards of a magic arrow to defeat the evil dictator of the land, Mordath. Along the way they meet a thief named Cassidy who knows Gareth from the past. Near the end of the series a Snow Troll, or Iskani, named Gustavus, who could have possibly joined the group, was introduced.
The hero of this series was not a Sigil-Bearer. Instead, the hero (Arwyn) is on a quest to kill the Sigil-Bearer, Mordath.
Races of the Five LandsEdit
- Humans - Have a distinctly European look in Middelyn, and a Middle-Eastern look in Oudubai. Distinct Medieval and Arab cultures depending on area. Most concentrated in Middelyn, and Oudubai.
- Trolls - Most have greenish skin, glowing green eyes and some form of horns sprouting from their foreheads. Long lived. Barbarian-like culture. Most concentrated in Grinbor.
- Ankharans - Distinct African look but with bird-like wings. Egyptian-like culture.
- Iskani or Snow Trolls - Relatives of the Trolls. Long Lived. Nordic-like Culture. Most concentrated in Skarnhime. Have some form of tusks sprouting from their chins.
- Urnethi - Underground dwellers. Insect-like. Most concentrated in Oudubai.
- Dragons - Most concentrated in Middelyn and Islands in the oceans of Quin.
- Carvers of the Glade - Small green creatures. Most concentrated in the Glade of Heroes.
- TPB #1 "From The Ashes" - Collects issues #0-6
- TPB #2 "The Dragon's Tale" - Collects issues #7-12
- TPB #3 "The Warrior's Tale" - Collects issues #13-18
- TPB #4 "The Thief's Tale" - Collects issues #19-24
- TPB #5 "The Sorcerer's Tale" - Collects issues #25-30 (ISBN 1-933160-44-6) released by Checker Books in February 2007 
- TPB #6 "The Berserker's Tale" - Collects issues #31-34 released by Checker Books in October 2007
There was also one collected edition not included above because it was merely a reprint of the Prequel and issue 1 put into one comic.
- Ron Marz- The Writer for the Prequel issue and issues 1 through 24.
- Greg Land- The Penciler for the Prequel issue and most of the issues between 1 and 33.
- Ian Edginton- The Writer for issues 25 through 34.
- Sergio Cariello- The Penciler who took over for Greg Land starting in issue 34, the issue that became the final one.
- Chuck Dixon- The co-writer for issue 34, he was responsible for writing the cliffhanger ending.
- Stuart Immonen- Guest Penciler for issue 7.
- June Brigman- Guest Penciler for issue 12.
- Aaron Lopresti- Guest Penciler for issue 17.
- Luke Ross- Guest Penciler for issue 21. He would team up with Ron Marz again for the Darkhorse Comic Samurai: Heaven and Earth.
- Lewis LaRosa- Guest Penciler for pages 1–9, and 21-22 of issue 26.
- Tom Derenick- Guest Penciler for pages 10–20 of issue 26.
- Cliff Richards- Guest Penciler for issue 30.
- Greg Land did covers for all issues penciled by himself. The other covers were done by their respective pencilers except for issues 30 and 34 which were done by Land.
- , Tampa Bay Business Journal, August 2, 2004
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070303070828/http://www.checkerbpg.com/docs/sojourn4_gn.html. Archived from the original on March 3, 2007. Retrieved May 9, 2007. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help); Missing or empty
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)