Snohomish County Executive
|Snohomish County Executive|
Snohomish County Council (unexpired terms)
|Term length||4 years|
|Inaugural holder||Willis Tucker|
|Formation||May 1, 1980|
|Website||Snohomish County Executive|
County voters approved the adoption of a home-rule charter for Snohomish County on November 6, 1979, creating the position of a county executive and a five-member county council. Prior to the adoption, the county government was led by three commissioners elected at-large. The new position took effect on May 1, 1980, with Willis Tucker elected as the first executive.
List of executivesEdit
|Order||Executive||Party||Took office||Left office||Terms|
|1||Willis Tucker||Democratic||May 1, 1980||January 2, 1992||3|
|2||Bob Drewel||Democratic||January 2, 1992||January 5, 2004||3|
|3||Aaron Reardon||Democratic||January 5, 2004||May 31, 2013||2 1⁄2[a]|
|4||John Lovick||Democratic||June 3, 2013||January 4, 2016||1⁄2[b]|
|5||Dave Somers||Democratic||January 4, 2016||Incumbent||1[c]|
List of electionsEdit
|1980||Willis Tucker||Democratic||13,085||48.74%||Gary A. Nelson||Republican||11,852||44.15%|
|Louise A. Saluteen||Independent||1,910||7.11%|
|1983||Willis Tucker (incumbent)||Democratic||54,756||58.28%||Larry E. Countryman||Republican||39,194||31.72%|
|1987||Willis Tucker (incumbent)||Democratic||35,222||51.04%||Michael Glanz||Republican||33,782||48.96%|
|1991||Bob Drewel||Democratic||69,435||52.93%||Cliff Bailey||Republican||61,759||47.07%|
|1995||Bob Drewel (incumbent)||Democratic||70,921||55.94%||Douglas Smith||Republican||55,676||43.91%|
|1999||Bob Drewel (incumbent)||Democratic||90,240||54.95%||Lew Moore||Republican||73,563||44.80%|
|2003||Aaron Reardon||Democratic||64,068||51.77%||Dave Earling||Republican||59,433||48.03%|
|2007||Aaron Reardon (incumbent)||Democratic||104,008||65.02%||Jack Turk||Republican||55,419||34.65%|
|2011||Aaron Reardon (incumbent)||Democratic||104,710||55.18%||Mike Hope||Republican||84,400||44.47%|
|2014[d]||John Lovick (incumbent)||Democratic||111,837||55.52%||Carolyn Eslick||Republican||89,095||44.23%|
|2015||Dave Somers||Democratic||74,492||56.18%||John Lovick (incumbent)||Democratic||56,428||42.56%|
- "2015 Election Information Guide". Snohomish County Auditor. June 16, 2015. p. 15. Archived from the original on April 22, 2016. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Suffia, David (November 7, 1979). "Voters approve home-rule charter". The Seattle Times. p. H1.
- Suffia, David (November 14, 1979). "Candidates surface for county posts". The Seattle Times. p. H1.
- Suffia, David (April 30, 1980). "Snohomish County ready to make historic switch". The Seattle Times. p. G6.
- Heffter, Emily; Sullivan, Jennifer (February 21, 2013). "Reardon resigns as Snohomish County executive". The Seattle Times. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Haglund, Noah; North, Scott (June 3, 2013). "Lovick replaces Reardon as county executive". The Everett Herald. Archived from the original on May 6, 2015. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- "Past Election Results". Snohomish County Elections. Retrieved November 25, 2016.