Simpang Renggam or Sisi Khoo is a town in Kluang District, Johor, Malaysia. Now Simpang Renggam is under the administration of Simpang Renggam District Council (Majlis Daerah Simpang Renggam). Simpang Renggam District Council was originally Kluang Selatan District Council (Majlis Daerah Kluang Selatan), where the declaration as Simpang Renggam District Council was on 1 January 2001.
|• Land||65.5 km2 (25.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||431.4/km2 (1,117/sq mi)|
Majlis Daerah Simpang RenggamEdit
Majlis Daerah Simpang Renggam was originally Majlis Daerah Kluang Selatan and the declaration as Majlis Daerah Simpang Renggam was on 1 January 2001. This is in line with the restructuring of the State Government with the upgrading of several Local Authorities in the State Johor .
Originally, the Majlis Daerah Simpang Renggam Office is located in Bandar Renggam but the rapid development rate in Pekan Simpang Renggam makes the population focus so fast. So on 1 January 1996, this office was officially moved to Simpang Renggam as the main administrative center.
Majlis Daerah Simpang Renggam consists of five local councils, namely Renggam, Simpang Renggam, Machap, Layang-Layang and Sungai Sayong. Restructuring by the Federal Government in 1979 with legislative powers under the Local Government Act 1976 as the core to the existence of a Local Government that serves as a catalyst for infrastructure to the communities in this region whose area is gazetted under the PW1287 Gazette Plan (JPU.17. 1979) with an estimated population of 49,780 people of various races.
Consists of 5 settlements namely Renggam, Simpang Renggam, Machap, Sungai Sayong and Layang-Layang with its unique characteristics and history of settlement. The main occupations are as farmers, traders and government and private employees.
The history of the City of Renggam is recorded in the British Museum in United Kingdom i.e. it has received visits Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Victoria in the 1950s. As the main settlement at that time, it has been the focus of the British Colonial who owned large farms such as Guthrie Farm, Ulu Remis Farm and so on that still remain to this day.
Golf courses, airports and old buildings are historical relics that remain to this day.
The following is a list of school names located in the Simpang Renggam area
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Dato Abdul Rahman Andak
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Simpang Renggam
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Simpang Rengam
- Sekolah Menengah kebangsaan Dato' Haji Hassan Yunos
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Seri Kampong Renggam
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Dato' Onn Jaafar
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Seri Macap
- Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (C) Tuan Poon
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Kampong Dato Ibrahim Majid
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Sungai Linau
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Dato Ibrahim Majid
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Seri Kencana
- Sekolah Menengah Islam As Syddiq (Private)
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Seri Machap
- Layang-Layang Train Station
- Renggam Train Station
- Simpang Renggam Bus Station
- Renggam Bus Station
- Layang-Layang Bus Station
- Taxi Stand Renggam
- Taxi Stand Simpang Rengam
- Taxi Stand Layang-Layang
- Renggam, approximately 12 km northeast