Simone Severini is an Italian-born British computer scientist. He is currently Professor of Physics of Information at University College London, and Director of Quantum Computing at Amazon Web Services.
|Known for||Braunstein-Ghosh-Severini Entropy|
|Awards||Royal Society University Research Fellowship|
Newton International Fellowship
|Fields||Computer Science, Physics|
Institute for Quantum Computing
|Doctoral advisor||Richard Jozsa|
Severini works in quantum information science and complex systems. Together with Adan Cabello and Andreas Winter, he defined a graph-theoretic framework for studying quantum contextuality, and together with Tomasz Konopka, Fotini Markopoulou, and Lee Smolin, he introduced a random graph model of spacetime called quantum graphity. He served as an editor of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A. In 2015 he was one of the first scientific advisors of Cambridge Quantum Computing, with Béla Bollobás, Imre Leader, and Fernando Brandão.
- "Simone Severini's articles on arXiv". Arxiv.org.
- Konopka, Tomasz; Markopoulou, Fotini; Severini, Simone (2008). "Quantum graphity: A model of emergent locality". Physical Review D. 77 (10): 104029. arXiv:0801.0861. Bibcode:2008PhRvD..77j4029K. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.77.104029. S2CID 6959359.
- Hamma, Alioscia; Markopoulou, Fotini; Lloyd, Seth; Caravelli, Francesco; Severini, Simone; Markstrom, Klas (2010). "A quantum Bose-Hubbard model with evolving graph as toy model for emergent spacetime". Physical Review D. 81: 104032. arXiv:0911.5075. Bibcode:2010PhRvD..81j4032H. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.81.104032. S2CID 17149981.
- Cabello, Adán; Severini, Simone; Winter, Andreas (2014). "Graph-Theoretic Approach to Quantum Correlations". Physical Review Letters. 112 (4): 040401. arXiv:1401.7081. Bibcode:2014PhRvL.112d0401C. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.112.040401. PMID 24580419. S2CID 34998358.
- Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Roberto Mangabeira Unger, Lee Smolin, The Singular Universe and the Reality of Time: A Proposal in Natural Philosophy, Cambridge University Press (2014).
- Shyam Wuppuluri and Giancarlo Ghirardi (Eds.), Space, Time and the Limits of Human Understanding (Foreword by John Stachel and Afterword by Noam Chomsky), Springer (2017).
|This article about a physicist of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|