Simmasanam (English: Throne) is a 2000 Tamil drama film directed by Eeshwar. The film features Vijayakanth in three lead roles as father and two sons. The film also starred Kushboo, Manthra, Radhika Chaudhari, Ambika and Viji. The film is released on 4 August 2000 and was receiving mixed reviews from the film critics and audience. It was later dubbed and released in Telegu as Bhoopathi Naidu and in Hindi as Ek Anari Duja Khiladi.
|Produced by||Tamil Fathima|
|Music by||S. A. Rajkumar|
|Edited by||G. Jayachandran|
Tamilannai Cine Creation
|4 August 2000|
- Vijayakanth as Sathyamurthy, Sakthivel, and Thangarasu
- Kushboo as Sakthivel's wife
- Manthra as Radharavi's daughter
- Radhika Chaudhari as Thyagu's daughter
- Ambika as Sathyamurthy's wife
- Viji as Kannamma
- Radharavi as Sakthivel's cousin
- Rajan P. Dev Erumaippatti Zamin
- Manorama as Sathyamurthy's mother
- Senthil as Kandhasamy
- R. Sundarrajan as Kannamma's father
- Thyagu as Sakthivel's cousin
- Vaiyapuri as Thangarasu's henchman
- Anu Mohan as Bus Driver
The film marked the directorial debut of Eeswaran. The filming was held at locations in Chennai, Ooty, Pollachi, Udumalai, and Chalakkudi, among other places. A song was picturised in the lush green valley around Tirumurthy Hills.
|1||Adiye Aelankiliye||Shankar Mahadevan, Swarnalatha||Vaali|
|2||Kongu Naattu Mama||K. S. Chithra|
|3||Manja Manja Kizhangu||K. S. Chithra, Hariharan, Swarnalatha|
|4||Paattu Onnu||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam|
|5||Therku Thisai||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam|
A critic from The Hindu noted "The story is not new but the screenplay which has all the ingredients to sustain the interest of the average viewer, with political overtones in dialogues, has been skilfully woven by director Eswar".
- Prathap (23 May 2012). "THE TRIPLE TREAT!". behindwoods.com. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- Rajitha (21 June 2000). "Chemeen returns". Rediff.com. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- S. R. Ashok Kumar (11 August 2000). "Film Review: Simmasanam". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|