This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shyam Ramsay (17 May 1952 – 18 September 2019) was a Bollywood film director. He was one of the seven Ramsay Brothers who were active in Indian cinema throughout the 1970s and the 1980s. Shyam Ramsay was considered the main artist and head of this group. They produced a number of horror movies such as Darwaza, Purana Mandir and Veerana.
|Born||17 May 1952|
|Died||18 September 2019 (aged 67)|
Their popularity waned towards the end of the 1980s, as Ramsay started diverting his creative energy and focus on television programming which was in demand because of the multiple private channels such as Zee TV, Star Plus etc. that were launched in the early nineties in India. He started India's first horror TV series for Zee TV - Zee Horror Show. It was a huge hit and its popularity is proved by the various communities created in its memory on social networking communities like Facebook & Orkut by its fans.
After Zee Horror Show, he made a few episodes of Saturday Suspense, X Zone and Nagin for Zee TV. In 2008, he along with his daughter, Saasha Ramsay directed a supernatural series based on the concept of wishful female serpent for Sahara One, called Neeli Aankhen.
Shyam Ramsay came back to features films from the year 2000 when he started the production of Dhund: The Fog which was released on 21 February 2003. Then he made Ghutan in 2007 and a comedy horror film, Bachao in 2010. His latest release Neighbours released in January, 2014.
- Neighbours (2014)
- Bachaao - Inside Bhoot Hai... (2010)
- Ghutan (2007)
- Dhund: The Fog (2003)
- Talashi (2000)
- Nagin (1999) (TV series)
- Anhonee (1998) (TV series)
- The Zee Horror Show (1993-97) (TV series)
- Mahakaal (1993)
- Police Mathu Dada (1991)
- Inspector Dhanush (1991)
- Ajooba Kudrat Ka (1991)
- Bandh Darwaza (1990)
- Purani Haveli (1989)
- Veerana (1988)
- Tahkhana (1986)
- Telephone (1985)
- 3D Saamri (1985)
- Purana Mandir (1984)
- Ghungroo Ki Awaaz (1981)
- Hotel (1981)
- Sannata (1981)
- Dahshat (1981)
- Saboot (1980)
- Guest House (1980 film) (1980)
- Aur Kaun? (1979)
- Darwaza (1978)
- Andhera (1975)
- Do Gaz Zameen Ke Neeche (1972)
- Nakuli Shaan (1971)
- Film-maker Shyam Ramsay passes away at 67
- "Ramsay International". Timescrest. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Zaveri, Hanif (1 January 2005). Mehmood, a man of many moods. Popular Prakashan. pp. 191–. ISBN 978-81-7991-213-3. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- Browning, John Edgar; Picart, Caroline Joan (20 October 2010). Dracula in Visual Media: Film, Television, Comic Book and Electronic Game Appearances, 1921-2010. McFarland. pp. 26–. ISBN 978-0-7864-3365-0. Retrieved 28 September 2011.