Shin-Keisei N800 series
The Shin-Keisei N800 series (新京成N800形) is an electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the private railway operator Shin-Keisei Electric Railway on the Shin-Keisei Line in Chiba Prefecture, Japan, since May 2005.
|Shin-Keisei N800 series|
Set N821 in revised livery, March 2015
|In service||May 2005–|
|Number built||24 vehicles (4 sets)|
|Number in service||18 vehicles (3 sets)|
|Formation||6 cars per set|
|Operator(s)||Shin-Keisei Electric Railway|
|Line(s) served||Shin-Keisei Line|
|Car body construction||Stainless steel|
|Car length||18,000 mm (59 ft 1 in)|
|Width||2,768 mm (9 ft 1.0 in)|
|Doors||3 pairs per side|
|Maximum speed||120 km/h (75 mph)|
|Deceleration||4.0 km/h/s (service)|
4.5 km/h/s (emergency)
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead wire|
|Bogies||FS-564S (motored), FS-064S (trailer)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Built by Nippon Sharyo in Aichi Prefecture, the N800 series design is based on the Keisei 3000 series EMU. Although built as 6-car sets, the units are designed to be lengthened to 8-car sets in the future if required. The N800 series is also intended for use on inter-running services to and from the Keisei Chiba Line. The sets have a maximum speed of 120 km/h (75 mph), but only operate at 85 km/h (55 mph) in service.
As of 1 April 2015[update], the fleet consists of three six-car sets based at Kunugiyama Depot with four motored (M) cars and two trailer (T) cars, formed as shown below, with the Mc1 car at the Tsudanuma end.
Passenger accommodation consists of longitudinal bench seating throughout. Each car has priority seating at one end, and the two end cars each have a wheelchair space located close to the cab end. Some of the bench seats have metal steps on the underside, allowing them to be detached and used as steps for evacuating the train in emergencies.
The first set, N811, entered service on 29 May 2005.
The first set to receive Shin-Keisei's new pink corporate livery introduced in 2014 was N821 in February 2015.
- "新京成電鉄N800形" [Shin-Keisei N800 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 45 no. 533. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. September 2005. pp. 86–91.
- "新京成電鉄N800形" [Shin-Keisei N800 series]. Rail Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 22 no. 264. Japan: Neko Publishing Co., Ltd. September 2005. pp. 100–103.
- 私鉄車両編成表 私鉄車両編成表 2015 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2015] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 23 July 2015. p. 25. ISBN 978-4-330-58415-7.
- 歴史年表2000年 - 2009年 [Chronology 2000 - 2009]. Official website (in Japanese). Japan: Shin-Keisei Electric Railway. 2009. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- 新京成N800形N828編成が試運転 [Shin-Keisei N800 series set N828 test-run]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 21 February 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shin-Keisei N800 series.|