Shane Day is an American football coach who is the quarterbacks coach for the Los Angeles Chargers of the National Football League (NFL). He previously served as an assistant coach for the San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins, Washington Redskins and the Chicago Bears. Day has also served as an assistant coach for Connecticut and Michigan.
|Los Angeles Chargers|
|Born:||September 27, 1974|
|High school:||Manhattan High School|
|As a coach:|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Auburn Riverside High SchoolEdit
In 2001, Day began his coaching career as the wide receivers coach at Auburn Riverside High School. He then spent the next three years as the quarterbacks coach for the high school, as well as taking on the role of offensive coordinator during the final two years.
University of MichiganEdit
San Francisco 49ersEdit
In 2007, Day was hired by the San Francisco 49ers as an offensive quality control coach. He held the position for three years, two years under offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who later hired Day to work for him in Chicago. Day oversaw the quarterbacks in 2007, running backs in 2008, and the offensive line in 2009. He was also part of the staff that coached the South team during the 2008 Senior Bowl.
On February 5, 2010, Day was hired by the Chicago Bears as their quarterbacks coach. He was recommended for the job by Chicago's offensive coordinator Mike Martz, with whom Day had worked with for two seasons in San Francisco. Day helped the Bears reach the NFC Championship game in 2010.
University of ConnecticutEdit
On January 24, 2012, Day was hired as the quarterbacks coach at the University of Connecticut, replacing Joe Moorhead, who had left for the head coach position at Fordham University. Day called plays for the Husky offense the final 3 games of 2013 in which the offense took off, setting several school records, and leading to 3 consecutive wins against Temple, Rutgers, and Memphis.
San Francisco 49ers (second stint)Edit
Los Angeles ChargersEdit
Day is married to his wife, Christie. They have one daughter, Vivienne, 1 horse named TT, 3 dogs, and 1 cat.
- "Shane Day Name UConn Quarterbacks Coach". January 24, 2012. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- "The Official Website of the Chicago Bears". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Bears target Shane Day to coach QBs | ProFootballTalk". Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. 3 February 2010. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Shane Day named QB Coach at UConn". Yardbarker.com. January 24, 2012. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- Jones, Mike (23 January 2014). "Redskins add assistant offensive line coach Shane Day". Washington Post. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- @MiamiDolphins (12 January 2016). "Welcome to Miami, Shane Day! #StrongerTogether" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Madson, Kyle (January 28, 2019). "Report: 49ers to hire Shane Day as QB coach". USA Today. Niners Wire. Retrieved January 9, 2020.
- "Report: Chargers hiring Shane Day as quarterbacks coach".