Shadow of the Eagle (1950 film)
Shadow of the Eagle is a 1950 British-Italian historical drama film directed by Sidney Salkow and starring Richard Greene, Valentina Cortese and Greta Gynt. A separate Italian version The Rival of the Empress was released the following year.
|Shadow of the Eagle|
|Directed by||Sidney Salkow|
|Edited by||Peter Graham Scott|
|Music by||Hans May|
|11 September 1950|
During the 18th century the Empress of Russia Catherine the Great sends her lover Count Alexei Orloff to kidnap her rival for the throne, the pretender Elizabeth, Princess Tarakanova, from Venice. However, Orloff ends up falling in love with the Princess.
- Richard Greene as Count Alexei Orloff
- Valentina Cortese as Elizabeth, Princess Tarakanova
- Greta Gynt as Countess Loradona Camponiello
- Binnie Barnes as Catherine - Empress of Russia
- Charles Goldner as General Korsakov
- Hugh French as Captain Sergei Nikolsky
- Walter Rilla as Prince Radziwill
- Dennis Vance as Vasska, Orloff's Aide
- William Tubbs as Boris
- Cippi Valli as Maid
- Dino Galvani as Russian Ambassador
- Ewan Roberts as Ship's Doctor
- A. De Leo as Polish Guard
- Gianantonio Porcheddu as Partisan
- Richards p.140
- Richards, Jeffrey. Swordsmen of the Screen: From Douglas Fairbanks to Michael York. Routledge, 2014.