Seydişehir is a town and district of Konya Province in the Mediterranean region of Turkey. According to a 2000 census, the population of the district is 85,456 of which 48,372 live in the town of Seydişehir.
|• Type||Strong Mayor-Council|
|• Mayor||Mehmet Tutal (Ak Parti)|
|• Prefect||Tuncay Sonel|
|• District||1,362.56 km2 (526.09 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,089 m (3,573 ft)|
|• District density||47/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Area code(s)||(0090)+ 332|
Seydişehir has an extensive historical record extending back many centuries. In 5500 BC, Seydişehir bordered the ancient province of Psidia and some historical building may date to this era. The city is situated in a valley between Lake Trogitis and Lake Karalis. Pre-historic buildings are preserved within the valley. Many artefacts from this era are housed in the Konya Archaeological Museum. In 2000–700 BC, the Hittite conquerors of middle Anatolia left their mark in the way of symbols and handiwork. Rock reliefs found in Seydişehir, believed to be made by the Hittite, support the idea of Hittite's living in the area.
Seydişehir is located south of the Konya provincial center, and in the north of The Taurus Mountains.
|Beyşehir (32 km), Isparta (210 km), İzmir (608 km), İstanbul (670 km)||Konya (89 km), Ankara (350 km)|
|Derebucak (48 km)|
|Akseki (63 km), Manavgat (135 km), Alanya (174 km), Antalya (208 km)||Bozkır (51 km), Karaman (168 km), Mersin (395 km)|
- Seyyid Harun Veli, Philosopher, Religious Scholar (13th century)
- Mahmud Esad Efendi, Lawyer, writer and statesman (d. 1856, Seydişehir - ö. 1918, İstanbul)
- Sadi Irmak, Emeritus professor of medicine, politician, prime minister (d. 1904, Seydişehir - ö. 1990, İstanbul)
- Mustafa Üstündağ, Educator, politician, minister (d. 1933, Seydişehir - ö. 1983, Konya)
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (XLS) on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- District municipality's official website (in Turkish)
- News of Seydisehir website (in Turkish)
- City Guide of Seydisehir website (in Turkish)