A scene from Bozkır
Location of Bozkır within Konya province.
|• Mayor||Mustafa Uyar (MHP)|
|• District||1,459.59 km2 (563.55 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,119 m (3,671 ft)|
|• District density||20/km2 (51/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The town occupied a central position in ancient Isauria. The name Bozkır means steppe in Turkish and after the Turkish settlement in early Anatolian Seljuk Sultanate period, Bozkır was initially the name given to the region extending between the present-day Bozkır town marked by Çarşamba Stream and the lands around neighboring Seydişehir. The name Bozkır was eventually adopted for the town.
- Mustafa Oz, father of Turkish-American surgeon Mehmet Oz.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2008, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-10-04. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-23.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Bozkır, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-23.