Sethurama Iyer CBI
This article or section contains close paraphrasing of a non-free copyrighted source, http://pages.rediff.com/sethurama-iyer-cbi/287352 ( ). (December 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sethurama Iyer CBI is a 2004 Malayalam mystery crime film directed by K Madhu, written by S. N. Swami, and starring Mammootty, Mukesh and Jagathy Sreekumar. Shyam composed the background score for the film.
|Sethurama Iyer CBI|
|Directed by||K. Madhu|
|Produced by||K. Madhu|
|Written by||S. N. Swamy|
|Edited by||P. C. Mohanan|
The movie begins with Sethurama Iyer visiting Isow Alex, a convicted serial killer who is awaiting his execution. Alex was arrested and convicted for the cold-blooded murder of seven people in two different families. Alex, who had been living a wild life then, had committed the crime high on narcotic drugs. The murder case was left to the CBI for investigation and an able officer, played by Siddique, nabbed Alex in no time. Alex is now a new man, mainly due to the influence of a priest, who requests Iyer to visit Alex.
What Alex tells Iyer is startling; he didn't commit one of the seven murders he was convicted for. The murder was that of Manikkunju, a businessman. Manikkunju, along with his daughter-in-law Mosi, was murdered at his house. Alex tells this all the same confessing that he murdered Mosi. The possibility of another killer involved is very remote and Alex is a serial killer who thoroughly denied any hand in the murders when he was arrested, but yet Iyer decides to reopen the case and investigate. He faces many odds; to prove Alex right would be proving his own bureau wrong and to prove Alex wrong would be wasting time and money.
It was later revealed that Mani had an affair with Mosi and they were caught in an uncompromising position by Manikkunju. Since Mani was married he did not wish his affair to be leaked and hence he murdered Manikkunju.
This section needs editing for compliance with Wikipedia's Manual of Style. In particular, it has problems with Section relies too heavily on abbreviations, which need to be defined the first time they are used. See MOS:ABBREV.. (December 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Mammootty as Sethurama Iyer, SP of CBI
- Mukesh as Chacko, CI of CBI
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Vikram, DySP of CBI
- Siddique as Balagopal, DySP of CBI
- Kalabhavan Mani as Isow Alex
- Vineeth Kumar as Ganesh (Young CBI officer)
- Sai Kumar as DySP Sathyadas
- Jagadish as Tailor Mani
- Janardhanan as Ouseppachan
- Navya Nair as Rachana, Sethurama Iyer's Niece
- Nandana as Resmi, Sethurama Iyer's Niece
- Oduvil Unnikrishnan as Adiyodi
- Sreenath as Sunny
- Rajan P. Dev as Bahuleyan
- Paravoor Ramachandran as Zachariah (Manikunju)
- Geetha Vijayan as Mosi
- Kunchan as Krishna Iyer
- Urmila Unni as Meenakshi Iyer
- Poornima Anand as Dr. Vijayalakshmi (Police Surgeon)
- Kalpana as Vijayamma Mani
- Mala Aravindan as Kuzhivetty Mathai
- Bharath Gopi as Fr. Gomez
- Adoor Bhavani as Mary
- Shammi Thilakan as Crime Branch CI
- Subair as Sharngadaran
- Punnapra Appachan as Varkey
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Broker
- "Mammootty-Man Of The Year". Sify. 31 December 2005. Archived from the original on 18 March 2018.
- Pillai, Sreedhar (22 July 2005). "I want to play lead roles". Friday Review: Stories. The Hindu.
- "Never Say Never Again". Old Story. Indian Express. 3 July 2005.
- ""Investigation stories are universal" : Mammootty". Moviebuzz. Sify Movies. Archived from the original on 22 September 2005.