|Member of the French National Assembly for French residents overseas|
20 June 2012 – 20 June 2017
|Preceded by||District Created|
|Succeeded by||Paula Forteza|
|Deputy Mayor of the 14th arrondissement of Paris|
19 March 2001 – 8 March 2008
(6 years, 11 months and 18 days)
|Born||13 May 1970|
Sergio Coronado left Chile with his family after the coup d'état of General Pinochet in 1973. He grew up in Argentina, and arrived in France in 1982. At the end of 2008, he won a scholarship in political science, and moved to Bogotá, Colombia. He attends the Universidad Externado de Colombia, and joins the ADFE-Français du Monde association.
He joined the Greens in 1998, and joined the Executive College. He was re-elected for three successive terms in 2000, 2002 and 2004 in various capacities. He was notably co-spokesman of the party with Cécile Duflot from January 2005 to January 2008, after almost becoming national secretary at the Reims Federal Assembly in 2004. In 2002, Noël Mamère chose him as director of communication and deputy campaign manager for his presidential campaign.
From March 2001 to March 2008, he was the elected municipal of the 14th arrondissement of Paris on a list of rally of the left and ecologists. As deputy mayor, he was in charge of local democracy, associative life and neighborhood councils.
At the 2011 Europe Ecology – The Greens primary, he was Eva Joly's campaign director. Once invested by the ecologists, she makes it one of its four spokespersons, alongside José Bové, Dominique Voynet and Michèle Rivasi, and its director of communication.
Member of the National AssemblyEdit
On 15 April 2015, he voted against Article 2 of the Intelligence Act. 5 May 2015, he votes against the whole of this same project. After the November 2015 Paris attacks, Sergio Coronado is one of the six French deputies to vote against the extension of the States of emergency in France. On 30 November 2015, he is among the signatories of the Call of the 58: "We will demonstrate during the state of emergency".
Supported by the Europe Ecology – The Greens, La France Insoumise and the Pirate Party, he is a candidate in the 2017 legislative elections for the Second constituency for French residents overseas. On 18 June 2017, he was eliminated in the second round, ahead of Paula Forteza, the REM candidate.
- "M. Sergio Coronado". National Assembly (in French). Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Sur 577 députés, nous sommes plus de deux homosexuels" (in French). lelab.europe1.fr. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Rosalie Lucas (2 December 2011). "Serge Coronado, l'artificier d'Eva Joly" (in French). Le Parisien. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Cristina L'Homme (18 June 2012). "La surprise du vote des Français à l'étranger : 8 élus de gauche sur 11" (in French). L'Obs. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Analyse du scrutin n° 1109 Scrutin public sur l'ensemble du projet de loi relatif au renseignement". National Assembly (in French). Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Prolongation de l'état d'urgence : quels députés ont dit non" (in French). Le Parisien. 19 November 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "L'appel des 58: "Nous manifesterons pendant l'état d'urgence"" (in French). Mediapart. 30 November 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Législatives 2017 Français établis hors de France, 2ème circonscription : résultats des élections" (in French). rtl.fr. Retrieved 11 April 2018.