This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 1999, Éditions Pauvert became part of Fayard. Claude Durand was director of Fayard from 1980 until his retirement in 2009. He was replaced by Olivier Nora, previously head of Éditions Grasset & Fasquelle another division of the Hachette group. On 6 November 2013, Nora was replaced by Sophie de Closets, who officially took over at the beginning of 2014.
In December 2009, Hachette Littérature (publisher of the Pluriel pocket collection) was absorbed by Fayard. Isabelle Seguin, the director of Hachette Littérature, became literary director of Fayard.
Fayard has three imprints:
- Editions Mille et Une Nuits
- Editions Mazarine
Works published by Editions Fayard include:
- Les grandes études historiques
- Je sais, je crois
- Le Livre de Demain
- La Moderne Bibliothèque
- Le Monde (23 March 2009). "Claude Durand quitte la présidence des éditions Fayard au profit d'Olivier Nora".
- Hubert Artus (23 March 2009). "Olivier Nora, nouveau PDG de Fayard : la vengeance de Grasset ?". rue89.com. Archived from the original on 14 March 2013.
- Le Monde (6 November 2013). "Sophie de Closets devient PDG de Fayard".
- Le Magazine Littéraire (3 December 2009). "Fayard absorbe Hachette Littératures". Archived from the original on 22 January 2016.