Sarstedt is a town in the district of Hildesheim, Lower Saxony, Germany. It approximately 18,500 inhabitants. Sarstedt is close to Hanover. Sarstedt station is on the Hanoverian Southern Railway and is served by the Hanover S-Bahn.
|• Mayor||Karl-Heinz Wondratschek (SPD)|
|• Total||42.94 km2 (16.58 sq mi)|
|Elevation||64 m (210 ft)|
|• Density||450/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The mayor of Sarstedt is Heike Brennecke (SPD). She was elected in September 2014. The predecessor was Karl-Heinz Wondratschek (SPD).
Famous people from SarstedtEdit
- Jean-Henri Pape (1789-1875), German-French piano maker
- Walter Mahlendorf (born 1935), athlete, Olympic champion Olympic Summer Games 1960 4 × 100 m relay
- Rudolf Schenker, (born 1948), rhythm guitarist, main songwriter and founding member of hardrock band Scorpions
- Harald Grosskopf (born 1949), musician, 1965 to 1966 drummer of the Sarstedter Beatband 'The Stuntmen' '
- Marianne Bachmeier (1950-1996), became nationwide known when she shot the supposed murder of her daughter Anna Bachmeier in a room of court Lübeck in 1981
- Michael Schenker, (born 1955), brother of Rudolf Schenker, virtuoso guitarist from UFO, Scorpions and Michael Schenker Group
- Landesamt für Statistik Niedersachsen, LSN-Online Regionaldatenbank, Tabelle 12411: Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes, Stand 31. Dezember 2018.
- Stadt Sarstedt (in German), Stadt Sarstedt, archived from the original on 27 November 2006, retrieved 31 August 2008
- Einzelergebnisse der Direktwahlen am 25. Mai 2014 in Niedersachsen, abgerufen am 14 November 2014