Santiago Cabrera (Spanish pronunciation: [sanˈtjaɣo kaˈβɾeɾa]; born 5 May 1978) is a Venezuelan-born Chilean-British actor, most known for his roles as the character Isaac Mendez in the television series Heroes, Lancelot in the BBC drama series Merlin, and Aramis in the BBC series The Musketeers.
Santiago Cabrera in July 2011
5 May 1978|
Cabrera was born in Caracas, Venezuela, as a middle child. His father was a Chilean diplomat. Santiago grew up mainly in England, but also Romania, Toronto and Madrid. His family returned to Chile when he was fifteen years old. He was captain of his football team in high school, and only tried acting when his teachers encouraged him. During his three years of training at the Drama Centre London, Cabrera starred in productions of The Madras House, A Month in the Country, Napoli Milionaria, Britannicus, The Dutch Courtesan, The Strangeness of Others, Three Birds Alighting on a Field, and played the title character in The Last Days of Don Juan.
Concurrent with his final year at the Centre, he made his television debut with small roles in the British television series Battlefield Britain, Judge John Deed, Spooks and As If. His first role after graduating from drama school was Montano in Shakespeare's Othello, at the Northampton Theatre Royal. He also starred in the 2006 film Love and Other Disasters as the Argentinian Paolo Sarmiento, alongside Brittany Murphy and Matthew Rhys.
He has appeared on American television first in Empire, as Octavius. He appeared as Isaac Mendez in the NBC series Heroes; once the character's arc ended, he narrated some episodes of the BBC's spin-off documentary series Heroes Unmasked. He also played Lancelot in the BBC drama series Merlin.
In addition to his fluency in Spanish, English, French and Italian, Cabrera is skilled in tennis, hockey and scuba diving. On the 20 January 2007 episode of the NBC Universal late-night programme Vivo Mun2, Cabrera discussed his semi-professional football career in London before he fully committed to acting. He also stated that C.D. Universidad Católica of Santiago is his favourite team, however, he remains a fan of London club Queens Park Rangers F.C., for which he was a mascot as a child. Although he considers Santiago his hometown, he splits his time between London and Los Angeles.
On 7 September 2008, Cabrera participated in Soccer Aid, a British charity football match in support of UNICEF. He later repeated this venture in 2014, playing once again for the Rest of the World.
Cabrera is married to Anna Marcea, a theatre director. Their son, Kilian Emiliano, was born in April 2016.
|2006||Love and Other Disasters||Paolo Sarmiento|
|2010||La vida de los peces||Andres|
|2012||For Greater Glory||Father Vega|
|2017||Transformers: The Last Knight||Santos|
|2017||What Happened to Monday||Infomercial Processor|
|2003||Spooks||Camilo Henriquez||Series 2, episode 9: "The Seventh Division", "A Very Corporate Coup"|
|2003||Judge John Deed||Carlos Fedor||Series 3, episode 3: "Conspiracy"|
|2005||Empire||Octavius||Miniseries (main role)|
|2006, 2007, 2009||Heroes||Isaac Mendez||Main cast in season 1|
Season 4, episode 8: "Once Upon a Time in Texas"
|2008||Heroes Unmasked||Narrator||Series 3|
|2008 – 2011||Merlin||Lancelot||Series 1 (2008), episode 5: "Lancelot"|
Series 2 (2009), episode 4: "Lancelot and Guinevere"
Series 3 (2010), episode 13: "The Coming of Arthur (Part 2)"
Series 4 (2011), episode 1 "The Darkest Hour – Part 1", episode 2: "The Darkest Hour – Part 2", episode 9: "Lancelot Du Lac"
|2011||Covert Affairs||Xavier||Season 2, episode 11: The Wake-Up Bomb|
|2012||Hemingway & Gellhorn||Robert Capa||TV film|
|2012||Falcón||Judge Esteban Calderón|
|2012 – 2013||Anna Karenina||Vronsky||Miniseries|
|2014 – 2016||The Musketeers||Aramis||Main Cast|
|2015||Patagonia: Earth's Secret Paradise||Narrator|
|2016||The Mindy Project||Diego||TV series; Season 4, Episode 21: "Under the Texan Sun"|
|2017||Big Little Lies||Joseph||TV HBO Limited Series|
|2017 - present||Salvation||Darius Tanz||Main Cast|
|2005||ShakespeaRe-Told: The Taming of the Shrew||Lucentio|
|2004||TOCA Race Driver 2||Cesar Maques||(voice role)|
- 2007, Future Classic Award, for Heroes
- 2011, Best Actor for La Vida de Los Peces
- "Santiago Cabrera". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- "Santiago Cabrera: Vagabond life has shaped actor's style". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- "Empire's: Santiago Cabrera". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- "Merlin's Secrets Revealed". bbc.co.uk. 23 July 2008. Retrieved 23 July 2008. and played Aramis in The Musketeers for three seasons.
- on YouTube
- "Santiago Cabrera".
- Newman, Stuart. "Soccer Aid 2014: Lineups, Celebrities, Date, Time, Live Stream and TV Info". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Cohn, Paulette. "Santiago Cabrera: Is it the End of the World in the New CBS Series Salvation?". Parade. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- "Sabado Interview Chilean Newspaper January 21, 2017". Santiago Cabrera. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- "Santiago Cabrera Enters Abrams' Alcatraz". BSCreview. 19 January 2011. Retrieved 30 January 2011.
- "Santiago Cabrera guest-stars on The Mindy Project - Santiago Cabrera".
- "Santiago Cabrera New Role in HBO Series 'Big Little Lies' - Santiago Cabrera".