Sandwich (2006 film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sandwich : Double Trouble is a 2006 Indian Hindi comedy film starring Govinda, Raveena Tandon and Mahima Chaudhry. The film is directed by Anees Bazmee who is famously known for directing blockbuster comedy films like No Entry (2005), Welcome (2007), Singh Is Kinng (2008), Ready (2011), Mubarakan (2017) and Pagalpanti (2019). This film was completed in 2003 but was delayed for three years and finally released in 2006. The movie was remade in Kannada as Double Decker. Earlier the title of movie was "Hum Do Hamara Ek". Due to delay in releasing the movie title was changed to "Sandwich".
|Sandwich: Double Trouble|
|Directed by||Anees Bazmee|
|Produced by||Smita Thackeray|
|Written by||Anees Bazmee|
|Music by||Sandeep Chowta|
|Distributed by||Rahul Productions|
Sher Singh a.k.a. Shekhar (Govinda), a struggling movie scriptwriter, is in love with a temperamental girl Nisha (Raveena Tandon). However, Nisha's wealthy father arranges her marriage to his friend's son Vicky (Rajendranath Zutshi). Sher Singh rushes home in response to a telegram to find that his marriage has been arranged with a local girl, Sweetie (Mahima Chaudhry), in return for his sister's marriage to Sweetie's brother. Since Sher's sister has physical disability in leg, this may be her only chance of finding a good husband. For his sister's sake, therefore, Sher marries Sweetie and returns to Mumbai.
Meanwhile, Nisha refuses to marry Vicky and is ready to kill herself. To pacify Nisha, her father forces Sher to marry her. Sher doesn't get a chance to explain about his first marriage. However, after the wedding, he confesses to Nisha's father that he is already married. Nisha's father advises Sher not to tell her anything. Meanwhile, Vicky goes crazy and attempts to kidnap Nisha. In the ensuing struggle, Nisha's father is killed, and then Vicky seemingly dies in an accident; so, Nisha never gets to learn the truth about Sher's bigamy.
Sher Singh leads a double life and has one son with each wife. The two sons, Tuktuk Singh and Tony Shekhar, are exact lookalikes. As the boys are admitted to the same school, they, as well as their mothers, become friends. Since Sher Singh goes by the name of Shekhar while in Mumbai, he manages to convince his wives that there are two people—Sher Singh and Shekhar—bearing a remarkable resemblance. His sons, meanwhile, suspect that something is wrong because of their similarities and keep investigating. When it almost seems like the truth will be out, there is a surprise element in the entry of a second Shekhar with exactly the same face, who claims to be Nisha's husband.
Now, Sher Singh can neither confess to being a bigamist nor sit silently, as a stranger stays with his wife Nisha. Meanwhile, he is implicated in a murder as well. Finally, it turns out that Vicky is not actually dead, as presumed, and has undergone facial reconstruction to have the same face as Sher Singh. After much slapstick, all ends well.
- Govinda as Sher Singh a.k.a. Shekhar / the fake Vicky Chopra (after surgery)
- Raveena Tandon as Nisha Shekhar / Nisha Singh
- Mahima Chaudhry as Sweety Singh / Sweety Shekhar
- Satish Shah as Chelaramani
- Shweta Menon as Maggie , Shekhar's Servant
- Mushtaq Khan as Popatlal
- Reema Lagoo as Mrs. Singh , Shekhar's Mother
- Kiran Kumar as Baldev Chopra
- Mohnish Behl as Inspector Pange
- Kiran Kumar as Balbir Singh
- Anant Mahadevan as Mr. Rao
- Anang Desai as Dr Modi
- Shammi Kapoor as Swami Trilokanand
- Shweta Menon as Dancer
- Rajendranath Zutshi as the real Vicky Chopra
- Sucheta Khanna as film actress
- Bahut Chalu Hai Saala - Sonu Nigam, Hema Sardesai, Govinda
- Bangal Ka Rasgulla - Vinod Rathod, Jaspinder Narula
- Bedhadak - Sudesh Bhosle, Jaspinder Narula
- Ek Chumma De Do - Jaspinder Narula, Udit Narayan
- Gabbroo - Alka Yagnik, Hema Sardesai
- Hum Tum Hai Tanhai Hai - Sonu Nigam, Asha Bhosle
- Sayonee - Sonu Kakkar, Sukwinder Singh
- Zahreela Gussa - Sonu Nigam