This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)
Sandwich : Double Trouble is a 2006 Indian Hindi-language comedy film starring Govinda in a dual role opposite Raveena Tandon and Mahima Chaudhry. The film is directed by Anees Bazmee. This film was completed in 2003 but was delayed for three years and finally released in 2006. The movie was remade in Kannada as Double Decker in 2011 starring Jaggesh. Earlier the title of movie was "Hum Do Hamara Ek". Due to delay in releasing the movie title was changed to "Sandwich", it received mixed reviews, who appreciated performance of Govinda, But criticised for writing, screenplay, cliches, and VFX, this film was a box office failure. It marked the last film of Shammi Kapoor before his death on 14 August 2011.
|Sandwich: Double Trouble|
|Directed by||Anees Bazmee|
|Written by||Anees Bazmee|
|Produced by||Smita Thackeray|
|Music by||Sandeep Chowta|
|Distributed by||Rahul Productions|
Sher Singh a.k.a. Shekhar (Govinda), a struggling movie scriptwriter, is in love with a temperamental Marathi girl Nisha (Raveena Tandon). then goes to swami trilokand he tells that soon he will marry two women. Sher Singh gets panic.However, Nisha's wealthy father arranges her marriage to his friend's son Vicky (Rajendranath Zutshi) who loves Nisha since a very long time. Sher Singh rushes home in response to a telegram to find that his marriage has been arranged with a local Village Punjabi girl, Sweetie (Mahima Chaudhry) who loves Him since Childhood . in return for his sister's marriage to Sweetie's brother. Since Sher's sister has physical disability in leg, this may be her only chance of finding a good husband. For his sister's sake, therefore, Sher marries Sweetie and returns to Mumbai.
Meanwhile, Nisha refuses to marry Vicky and is ready to kill herself. To pacify Nisha, her father forces Sher to marry her. Sher doesn't get a chance to explain about his first marriage. However, after the wedding, he confesses to Nisha's father that he is already married. Nisha's father advises Sher not to tell her anything. Meanwhile, Vicky goes crazy and attempts to kidnap Nisha as He want to marry Nisha . In the ensuing struggle, Nisha's father is killed, and then Vicky seemingly dies in an accident; so, Nisha never gets to learn the truth about Sher's bigamy.
7 years later
Sher Singh leads a double life and has one son with each wife. The two sons, Tuktuk Shekhar and Tony singh, are exact lookalikes. As the boys are admitted to the same school, they, as well as their mothers, become friends. Since Sher Singh goes by the name of Shekhar while in Mumbai, he manages to convince his wives that there are two people—Sher Singh and Shekhar, the day Time he Spends with Sweetie and Night with Nisha . bearing a remarkable resemblance. His sons, meanwhile, suspect that something is wrong because of their similarities and keep investigating. When it almost seems like the truth will be out, there is a surprise element in the entry of a second Shekhar with exactly the same face, who claims to be Nisha's husband.
Now, Sher Singh can neither confess to being a bigamist nor sit silently, as a stranger stays with his wife Nisha. Meanwhile, he is implicated in a murder as well. Finally, it turns out that Vicky is not actually dead, as presumed, and has undergone face reconstruction surgery to have the same face as Sher Singh. Vicky Wants Nisha and try to Get close to Her but Sher Refuses it to happen, Vicky was About to Kill Sher and his family, except Nisha both Wife Fought for Him and saved him . After much slapstick, all ends well.
- Govinda in double role as Sher Singh, Sweety and Nisha's husband,Tony and Tuktuk's father
- Shekhar, Vicky Chopra (after plastic surgery ) whose face changed by Plastic Surgeon and pretends to be Shekhar as Nisha's husband
- Mahima Chaudhry as Sweety S. Singh,Sher Singh's first wife,Tony's mother,Tuktuk's stepmother, Nisha's rival
- Raveena Tandon as Nisha S. Singh, Sher Singh's second wife,TukTuk's mother,Tony's stepmother, Sweety's rival
- Satish Shah as Chelaramani
- Shweta Menon as Maggie, Shekhar's Servant
- Mushtaq Khan as Popatlal
- Sushil k sahu Bilaspur cg,
- Reema Lagoo as Mrs. Singh, Shekhar's Mother
- Kiran Kumar as Balbir Singh
- Mohnish Behl as Inspector Pange
- Anant Mahadevan as Mr. Rao
- Anang Desai as Plastic Surgeon
- Shammi Kapoor as Swami Trilokanand,A pandit who gives solutions to Sher Singh to tackle his problem,who also tells that soon he will marry two women at the same year.
- Shweta Menon as Dancer
- Rajendranath Zutshi as the real Vicky Chopra who wants to marry Nisha
- Sucheta Khanna as film actress
- Bahut Chalu Hai Saala - Sonu Nigam, Hema Sardesai, Govinda
- Bangal Ka Rasgulla - Vinod Rathod, Jaspinder Narula
- Bedhadak - Sudesh Bhosle, Jaspinder Narula
- Ek Chumma De Do - Jaspinder Narula, Udit Narayan
- Gabbroo - Alka Yagnik, Hema Sardesai
- Hum Tum Hai Tanhai Hai - Sonu Nigam, Asha Bhosle
- Sayonee - Sonu Kakkar, Sukwinder Singh
- Zahreela Gussa - Sonu Nigam