Naceri at the 2000 Cannes Film Festival.
2 July 1961
Childhood and careerEdit
Naceri was born to an Algerian Kabyle father and a French mother in the 4th arrondissement of Paris and spent his childhood in the Parisian suburb of Fontenay-sous-Bois. His brother is Bibi Naceri, who co-wrote and co-starred in international hit film District 13. He shared the award for Best Actor for his role in the film Days of Glory at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival.
He has a son, Julian, born in 1995. He is currently married to actress Marie Guillard. Stemming from a substance abuse charge in 2003, Naceri was sentenced to eight months' imprisonment with deferment, had his driving licence suspended for three years, and was penalized with a €5,000 fine for a road rage incident in which he smashed a car and assaulted one of its occupants.
In November 2005, after waiting for a late guest, Naceri attacked a 22-year-old man with an ashtray at a trendy Paris restaurant. The actor was convicted for assault and spent two months in jail. He was released in February 2006. Then, in December 2006 he was imprisoned for racially abusing police officers. In January 2007 he was accused of attempted murder after stabbing a security guard in Aix-en-Provence. He was sentenced to 9 months in prison (6 months suspended) for violence and was also sentenced to 1 month in prison for assaulting two guards at a medical center where he was being treated for overdosing on drugs.
- 1980 : Inspector Blunder (Extra)
- 1989 : La Révolution française directed by Robert Enrico and Richard T. Heffron (uncredited)
- 1994 : Léon directed by Luc Besson
- 1994 : Frères directed by Olivier Dahan
- 1995 : Coup de vice directed by Zak Fishman
- 1995 : Raï directed by Thomas Gilou
- 1996 : Malik le maudit directed by Youcef Hamidi
- 1996 : La Légende de Dede directed by Antonio Olivares
- 1997 : Bouge! directed by Jérôme Cornuau
- 1997 : Autre chose à foutre qu'aimer directed by Carole Giacobbi
- 1998 : Taxi directed by Gérard Pirès
- 1998 : Cantique de la racaille directed by Vincent Ravalec
- 1999 : Un pur moment de rock'n'roll directed by Manuel Boursinhac
- 1999 : Une pour toutes directed by Claude Lelouch
- 2000 : Taxi 2 directed by Gérard Krawczyk
- 2000 : Là-bas, mon pays directed by Alexandre Arcady
- 2001 : Le Petit Poucet directed by Olivier Dahan
- 2001 : Nid de guêpes (The Nest) directed by Florent Emilio Siri
- 2001 : La Merveilleuse Odyssée de l'idiot toboggan directed by Vincent Ravalec
- 2001 : La Repentie directed by Laetitia Masson
- 2001 : Féroce directed by Gilles de Maistre
- 2002 : La Mentale directed by Manuel Boursinhac
- 2002 : Concerto pour un violon directed by Gilles de Maistre
- 2002 : Disparu directed by Gilles de Maistre
- 2002 : Tapis volant directed by Youcef Hamidi
- 2003 : Taxi 3 directed by Gérard Krawczyk
- 2003 : Finding Nemo directed by Andrew Stanton (voice of Crush the sea turtle in the French dubbed version)
- 2004 : Bab el web directed by Merzak Allouache
- 2006 : Indigènes directed by Rachid Bouchareb
- 2007 : Taxi 4 directed by Gérard Krawczyk
- 2008 : Des poupées et des anges directed by Nora Hamidi
- 2012 : Ce que le jour doit à la nuit, directed by Alexandre Arcady
- 2013 : Tip Top
Awards and nominationsEdit
1995: Festival du Film de Paris - Special Mention
- "Festival de Cannes: Days of Glory". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-12-13.
- Philippe DU TANNEY, Les nouvelles frasques de Samy Naceri, in Le Figaro, no. 17644, jeudi 3 mai 2001, p. 16
- Philippe DU TANNEY, Sami Naceri condamné pour injures, dans Le Figaro, no. 17668, jeudi 31 mai 2001, p. 11
- Philippe du TANNEY, Le timide repentir de Samy Naceri, in Le Figaro, no. 18071, samedi 14 septembre 2002, p. 10
- Associated Press, Samy Naceri à l'amende, in Le Monde, samedi 12 octobre 2002
- Christophe Ono-Dit-Biot, Samy l'embrouille a encore frappé, in Le Point, jeudi 1er décembre 2005, p. 82.
- Le Monde, lundi 28 novembre 2005, p. 8
- "French actor jailed over insults". BBC News. 14 December 2006. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- "FOXNews.com - Actor Samy Naceri Sentenced in Two Cases - Celebrity Gossip – Entertainment News – Arts And Entertainment". Archived from the original on March 3, 2016.
- « Samy Naceri de nouveau devant la justice ! »[permanent dead link], Peoplestar.tv, 15 Octobre 2008.