|Full name||Samuel Kalu Ojim|
|Date of birth||26 August 1997|
|Place of birth||Aba, Nigeria|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 September 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13 November 2019
Samuel Kalu started his football career at GBS Academy in Jos, Nigeria. In 2015, he signed with AS Trenčín, a partner club with GBS Academy at the time. After his impressive displays in the Slovak League with Trenčín, he joined KAA Gent in 2017. His spell in Belgium was successful and in the summer of 2018 he signed for French top division club Bordeaux. He was handed the number 10 jersey on arrival.
On 13 October 2018, he scored his first international goal with the Nigeria senior national team against Libya. He scored the final goal in a 4–0 victory. Kalu collapsed during the Nigerian team training session during the AFCON 2019 held in Egypt. Though rumours had it that he suffered a heart attack but this was later debunked as he collapsed as a result of severe dehydration. He was later released from the hospital to link up with the rest of the squad in Alexandria.
Kalu's mother was released on 5 March 2019, having been kidnapped six days previously.
- As of matches played on 13 November 2019
|Nigeria national team|
- Scores and results list Nigeria's goal tally first.
|1.||13 October 2018||Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna, Nigeria||Libya||4–0||4–0||2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|2.||13 November 2019||Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo, Nigeria||Benin||2–1||2–1||2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
- KALU A UDEH PODPÍSALI DVOJROČNÉ KONTRAKTY 09.12.2015, astrencin.sk
- Futbalnet / Únia ligových klubov / Fortuna liga / AS Trenčín - ŠK Slovan Bratislava futbal 27.02.2016, futbalnet.sk
- "Samuel Kalu signs three and a half year deal with Gent". Goal. 4 January 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Samuel Kalu is Girondin!" (in French). 6 August 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Okeleji, Oluwashina (5 March 2019). "Nigeria winger Kalu's mother released by kidnappers". BBC Sport. Retrieved 27 August 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Samuel Kalu at National-Football-Teams.com