Sam Underhill (born 22 July 1996 in Dayton, Ohio, United States) is an English rugby union player who currently plays for Aviva Premiership team Bath and England, as a Flanker. He is also studying Politics and Economics at the University of Bath. He previously attended Sir Thomas Rich's School in Gloucester.
|Birth name||Samuel Gregory Underhill|
|Date of birth||22 July 1996|
|Place of birth||Dayton, Ohio, United States|
|Height||186 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||106 kg (16 st 10 lb; 234 lb)|
|School||Sir Thomas Rich's School|
University of Bath
|Rugby union career|
At the beginning of the 2015–16 season, Underhill joined Welsh Pro12 regional team Ospreys. He made his debut in a fixture against Ulster and was Man-of-the-Match in his first start for the team, which was against Munster.
Underhill captained England U18s during their successful 2014 FIRA tournament and played 9 times during an unbeaten season,including scoring a try in debut MoM performance against Scotland, captaining the team to a win in the FIRA tournament and a win against South Africa.
He was called up to the senior England squad by Eddie Jones for their 2017 summer tour of Argentina and played as part of the 2018 Six Nations squad. On the 12 August 2019, Underhill was named in Eddie Jones’ Rugby World Cup 31-man squad. He was one of the stars of the victory over the All Blacks, helping England to reach their first World Cup final since 2007.
- "GREAT START TO U18 SIX NATIONS CAMPAIGN FOR ACADEMY TRIO AFTER SCOTLAND VICTORY". gloucesterrugby.com. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Cook returns as Gloucester round off Premiership campaign at Bath". gloucesterruby.com. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Bath agree deal to sign Osprey openside flanker Sam Underhill". BBC Sport. 11 January 2017. Retrieved 5 March 2017.
- "HIGHLIGHTS - England U18 retain European Championship trophy". englandruby.com. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "England v Argentina: Dylan Hartley, Joe Launchbury & George Ford in squad". BBC Sport. 20 April 2017. Retrieved 20 April 2017.