Rural Municipality of Edenwold No. 158
Edenwold No. 158, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality of 3,611 rural residents (2006 census) in the southeastern part of Saskatchewan, Canada on the Trans Canada Highway. The RM was incorporated December 9, 1912. Other localities in the area include Balgonie, Copper Sand Trailer Park, Dreghorn, Edenwold, Emerald Park, Franksburg, Frankslake, Jameson,
|Edenwold No. 158, Saskatchewan|
|Rural Municipality||December 9, 1912|
|• Total||882.67 km2 (340.80 sq mi)|
|• Density||4.1/km2 (11/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
'Eden' is German for the Garden of Eden, and 'wald' is forest.— Edenwold No. 158
A rural municipality is an administrative district consisting of an elected reeve, councilors, administrator who provide essential services within their area.
A person could work for the municipality and have his earnings put toward the taxes on his land; at one time, money collected in each Division stayed in that Division....The RM has as its responsibilities for many areas: agricultural programs and concerns in general; tax collections for needs of the municipality - road construction and maintenance; protective services - pest control, fire protection, weed control, environmental development, cultural and educational services; medical and veterinary needs and so forth.— Tecumseh No. 65
The list of communities are within the municipalities borders.
- "MRD Municipal Status Information", Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Government of Saskatchewan, archived from the original on 2008-03-25, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "4706029 - Edenwold No. 158, geographical codes and localities ,2006", Statistics Canada, Government of Canada, retrieved 2007-12-29
- Saskatchewan Genealogy Association, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "Edenwold No. 158", Sask biz, Government of Saskatchewan, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "Saskatchewan Conservation Data Centre - Conservation Database". Saskatchewan Conservation Data Centre. 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Sask Biz, Government of Saskatchewan (2004), Tecumseh No. 65, retrieved 2007-12-27
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- "Edenwold No. 158, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America". World Index. Rumbletum.org. 2004. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Map of Edenwold No. 158 at Statcan
- Saskatchewan Roman Catholic Churches ~ Online Parish Registers ~ History: Arat, Zehner, Frankslake
- Saskatoon Gen Web
- "MRD Rural Municipality (RM) Boundary maps", Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Government of Saskatchewan, archived from the original on 2007-12-08, retrieved 2007-12-29