Rumyantsevo (Moscow Metro)
Rumyantsevo (Russian: Румянцево) is the station on the Moscow Metro's Sokolnicheskaya Line between Troparyovo and Salaryevo. It was the 199th station on the Metro when it opened on January 18, 2016. Rumyantsevo served as the terminus of the line until Salaryevo opened on 15 February 2016.
|Moscow Metro station|
Novomoskovsky Administrative Okrug
|Owned by||Moskovsky Metropoliten|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||18 January 2016|
Rumyantsevo is the first metro station in the outlying area known as “New Moscow” and one of the few stations lying beyond the Moscow Ring Road. Its name comes from the prior village of Rumyantsevo, which was absorbed into Moscow.
Construction and DesignEdit
Work on the first tunnel from Salaryevo began in August 2013. Tunneling of the second tunnel began in October 2013. The city initially projected an opening date sometime in 2014. Construction crews completed tunneling in October 2014.
In April 2014, during construction, workers found a small cache dating from the 16th century that included several vessels and some jewelry.
The city completed installation of the stations's escalators in January 2015.
The station has two underground lobbies and entrances on both sides of Kievskaya Highway. An unusual feature is the second level above the platform which is used for the service and technical area. These areas are generally at the ends of the station. The interior is decorated with colorful tiles in the abstract style of Piet Mondrian.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rumyantsevo (Moscow Metro).|
- "В Москве для пассажиров открылась 199-я станция метро - "Румянцево"" (in Russian). TASS. 2016-01-18.
- "В Новой Москве открывается станция метро "Румянцево"". vesti.ru. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- Станции метро «Румянцево» и «Саларьево» построят до конца года (in Russian). The Integrated Body for Urban Design Policies and Development of Moscow. 2015-09-15. Archived from the original on 2015-09-17. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "Началось строительство второго перегонного тоннеля в сторону Румянцево" (in Russian). Moscow Complex for Construction and Urban Development. 2013-10-01.
- "Закончена проходка тоннеля между станциями "Саларьево" и "Румянцево" Московского метро". Vesti.ru. 2014-10-01.
- "При строительстве станции метро "Румянцево" нашли клад XVI века" (in Russian). m24.com. 2014-04-01.
- "На станции метро "Румянцево" установили эскалаторы" (in Russian). Moscow Complex for Construction and Urban Development. 2015-01-23.