Royal Cambodian Air Force
|Royal Cambodian Air Force|
Kangtorp Cheung Akas
|Country||Kingdom of Cambodia|
|Part of||Royal Cambodian Armed Forces|
|Motto(s)||Defending the Kingdom of Cambodia|
|Mascot(s)||Aafra Zarnaz Auhona|
|Anniversaries||9 November 1953|
|Engagements||First Indochina War|
Cambodian Civil War
The Royal Cambodian Air Force is commanded by Lieutenant General Soeung Samnang, who has four deputy commanders beneath him. The Air Force itself is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of National Defence.
Air Force headquarters are located at Phnom Penh International Airport and is still sign posted Pochentong Air Base. The only operational aircraft at Pochentong Air Base are from the VIP squadron. Maintenance of helicopters is also at Pochentong. The airworthy Z-9 and Mi-17 helicopters from the helicopter squadron are based at Phnom Penh International Airport and Siem Reap International Airport.
- 76th Air Defence Division - Siem Reap International Airport
- 118th Air Defence Division - Battambang Airport
- 340th Air Defence Division - Phnom Penh International Airport
During the early 1990s Mi-8, Mil Mi-26 Halo and Mi-17 helicopters entered service with the Air Force, as well as Harbin Y-12 and BN-2 Islander transport aircraft. A VIP transport unit was formed in 1995 using the An-24RV and Beech 200 Super King Air. In 2000 a deal was made with Israeli Aircraft Industries to overhaul MiG-21s and which saw the delivery of L-39C Albatross aircraft for lead in trainers and entered service during 1995–2000.
|Britten-Norman BN-2||United Kingdom||utility||1|
|Mil Mi-8/Mi-17||Russia||transport helicopter||6|
|Mil Mi-26||Russia||transport helicopter||Mi-26T||2|
Air Force ranks and insigniaEdit
|OF-10||OF-9||OF-8||OF-7||OF-6||OF-5||OF-4||OF-3||OF-2||OF-1||OF(D) and student officer|
|No equivalent||No equivalent|
|General||Lieutenant General||Major General||Brigadier General||Colonel||Lieutenant Colonel||Major||Captain||1st Lieutenant||2nd Lieutenant|
|Chief Warrant Officer||Warrant Officer||Command Sergeant Major||Master Sergeant||Staff Sergeant||Chief Corporal||Corporal||Airman 1st Class||Airman 2nd Class||Airman|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air force of Cambodia.|
- "Air Force One of Cambodia". alfredmeier.me. Archived from the original on 22 October 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Hoyle Flight International 4–10 December 2018, p. 41.
- "World Air Forces 2015 pg. 12". Flightglobal Insight. 2015. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- Hoyle, Craig. "World Air Forces Directory". Flight International, 11–17 December 2012, Vol. 182 No. 5370. pp. 40–64. ISSN 0015-3710.
- Hoyle, Craig. "World Air Forces Directory". Flight International. Vol. 194, No. 5665, 4–10 December 2018, pp. 32–60. ISSN 0015-3710
- World Aircraft Information Files. Brightstar Publishing, London. File 337 Sheet 05