Robin Hardy (film director)
Robin St. Clair Rimington Hardy (2 October 1929 – 1 July 2016) was an English author and film director. His most famous directorial work is The Wicker Man, and his last project was a film adaptation of his novel Cowboys for Christ, which was retitled The Wicker Tree.
|Born||Robin St. Clair Rimington Hardy
2 October 1929
|Died||1 July 2016
Reading, Berkshire, England
|Occupation||Film director, writer|
He was born in England and studied art in Paris. He worked in the U.S., where he made television dramas. He was a partner in a film company with Anthony Shaffer for 13 years. He returned to London where he made television commercials. Later he wrote historical novels and was involved in creating historical theme parks in the U.S. In addition to Cowboys for Christ, Hardy published a novelization of The Wicker Man, as well as the novel The Education of Don Juan.
Hardy had expressed interest in producing a finale to his loose Wicker Man trilogy titled The Wrath of the Gods. A crowdfunding campaign was set-up in 2015 to raise funds for the film's production,  but ultimately fell short of its $210,000.00 target. 
- "BFI biodata". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2012-12-20.
- "Robin Hardy dies". BBC. 2 July 2016. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Wixson, Heather (2012-04-23). "Exclusive Interview: Writer/Director Robin Hardy on The Wicker Tree, Completing his Trilogy and More". Dread Central. Retrieved 2012-12-20.
- "BFI Screenonline: Hardy, Robin (1929-) Biography". Screenonline.org.uk. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- Weinkauf, Gregory (30 October 2013). "Discussing The Wicker Man: Final Cut With Director Robin Hardy". Huff Post. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- Gilbey, Ryan (4 July 2016). "Robin Hardy obituary". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Robin Hardy Starts Crowdfunding For The Wrath Of The Gods". Empireonline.com. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "The Wrath of the Gods". Indiegogo.com. Retrieved 9 December 2017.