Robert B. Satloff is an American writer and, since January 1993, the executive director of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP). Satloff's expertise includes "U.S. policy, public diplomacy, Arab and Islamic politics, Arab-Israeli relations, U.S.-Israel relations, peace process, Middle East democratization." Satloff is also a member of the board of editors of the Middle East Quarterly, a publication of the Middle East Forum.
Robert B. Satloff
Robert Sartloff with U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel.
|Residence||Chevy Chase, Maryland|
|Alma mater||Duke University|
St. Antony's College, University of Oxford
Robert Satloff graduated from Duke University, where he received a bachelor of arts degree. He received a master of arts degree from Harvard University and a PhD from St. Antony's College, University of Oxford.
In 2006, he wrote Among the Righteous: Lost Stories from the Holocaust's Long Reach into Arab Lands, which reported that there were Muslims and Arabs who rescued potential victims of the Nazi-directed programs related to the Holocaust as well as those who collaborated in those programs.
Satloff has also provided commentary for major television network news programs, talk shows, and National Public Radio. Satloff is the only non-Arab to host a program on an Arab satellite channel: he is the creator and host of Dakhil Washington (Inside Washington), a weekly news and interview program on al-Hurra, the U.S. government-sponsored Arabic satellite television channel.
- Among the Righteous: Lost Stories from the Holocaust's Long Reach into Arab Lands (PublicAffairs, 2006). ISBN 1-58648-399-4
- The Battle of Ideas in the War on Terror: Essays on U.S. Public Diplomacy in the Middle East (The Washington Institute, 2004).
- U.S. Policy toward Islamism (Council on Foreign Relations, 2000)
- From Abdullah to Hussein: Jordan in Transition (Oxford University Press, 1994)
- Troubles on the East Bank: Challenges to the Domestic Stability of Jordan (Praeger, 1986)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Robert Satloff.|
- Righteous Muslims. A briefing by Robert Satloff by Rachel Silverman, Jewish Exponent, December 14, 2006 (Middle East Forum, December 11, 2006)
- Robert Satloff talks about Among the Righteous: Lost Stories from the Holocaust's Long Reach Into Arab Lands (video) November 2006
- Interviews with historian Robert Satloff, Fresh Air from WHYY-FM, December 14, 2006.
- Forgotten chapter by LARRY DERFNER (Jerusalem Post) December 14, 2006
- Arabs Who Saved the Jews by Will Sullivan (US News) December 3, 2006
- Hip, Hip, Al Hurra! Explaining America to the Arabs — with no help from the State Department. by Robert Satloff (Weekly Standard) November 6, 2006, Volume 012, Issue 08
- Voices on Antisemitism Interview with Robert Satloff from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- "Robert Satloff's Recent Articles". The New Republic. 2006. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- A 'Righteous' Honor for an Arab Who Saved Jews, NPR Morning Edition, April 19, 2007
- Appearances on C-SPAN