This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Washingtonian is a monthly magazine distributed in the Washington, D.C. area. It was founded in 1965 by Laughlin Phillips and Robert J. Myers. The magazine describes itself as "The Magazine Washington Lives By". The magazine's core focuses are local feature journalism, guide book–style articles, real estate, and politics.
|Publisher||Catherine Merrill Williams|
Robert J. Myers
|Company||Washingtonian Magazine, Inc.|
|Based in||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
This section contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Washingtonian is noted for its detailed coverage of area professionals, businesses, and places. Such rankings have included top physicians, top places to dine, and top neighborhoods. Each issue also features listings of the latest fine entertainment, fine arts, and museum exhibits. Classified listings of prestigious real estate and illustrated coverage of social events are included in each issue. Feature articles include exposés and in-depth profiles of local institutions, politicians, businessmen, academics, and philanthropists, suggestions for weekend getaway trips, and local personal interest stories.
The magazine chooses Washingtonians of the Year, people "who give their time and talents to make this a better place" annually.
The Washingtonian is read each month by more than 400,000 people, who spend an average of 96 minutes with each issue and save each issue for an average of five months. The Washingtonian has won five National Magazine Awards.
In August 2009 the Washingtonian announced that Garrett Graff would replace longtime editor John A. Limpert as editor-in-chief. Limpert is currently editor-at-large. Graff left in 2014 and was replaced by Micael Schaffer.
The Washingtonian is family-owned. The former CEO was Philip Merrill (1934–2006), who was succeeded as chairman by his wife, Eleanor; their daughter Catherine Merrill Williams is the president and publisher.
- https://knowledge.auditedmedia.com/blog/top-10-us-magazines-circulation-gains-2h-2017. Missing or empty
- "Past Washingtonians of the Year | Washingtonian". Washingtonian. 2008-01-29. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Garrett Graff '03 Appointed Editor of The Washingtonian". 17 August 2009.
- Calderone, Michael (23 April 2014). "Top Washingtonian Editor Leaving Magazine".
- Freed, Benjamin (2014-06-09). "Michael Schaffer Named Editor of Washingtonian". Washingtonian. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Capital, Landmark swap assets".
- Washingtonian – Official Website of the magazine.