Rio School District is a school district in Ventura County, California. The district serves K–8 students in the northeast portion of the city of Oxnard and the unincorporated communities of El Rio and Nyeland Acres. Rio feeds into the Oxnard Union High School District, specifically Rio Mesa and Pacifica high schools.
|Rio School District|
1800 Solar DriveCalifornia, 93030
|Superintendent||John D. Puglisi, Ph.D.|
|NCES District ID||0632760|
|Students and staff|
|Website||Rio School District|
The Rio School District was founded in 1885 with the opening of a one-room schoolhouse on a ranch in what is now El Rio. The first class had at most 13 students.
In 2018, the district purchased a new headquarters building on Solar Drive in northeast Oxnard. The office space is shared with the Oxnard Union High School District, who relocated from their previous facilities on K Street in the flight path of Oxnard Airport.
- Rio del Mar Elementary School
- Rio del Norte Elementary School
- Rio Lindo Elementary School
- Rio Plaza Elementary School
- Rio Rosales Elementary School
- Rio del Valle Middle School
- Rio Vista Middle School
- Rio del Sol Elementary
- Rio Real Elementary
- ^ "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Rio Elementary". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved February 23, 2021.
- ^ Carlo, Juan (June 11, 2016). "Rio School District celebrates 130th with a nod to history". Ventura County Star. Retrieved February 23, 2021.
- ^ "Oxnard Union, Rio school districts to buy and share new headquarters". Ventura County Star. October 25, 2018. Retrieved February 23, 2021.