ReadWrite (originally ReadWriteWeb or RWW) is a Web technology blog launched in 2003. RW covers Web 2.0 and Web technology in general, and provides industry news, reviews, and analysis. Founded by Richard MacManus, Technorati ranked ReadWriteWeb at number 12 in its list of top 100 blogs worldwide, as of October 9, 2010. MacManus is based in Lower Hutt, New Zealand, but the officers and writers of RW work from diverse locations, including Portland, Oregon. Around September or October 2008, The New York Times technology section began syndicating RW content online. RW also has many international channels such as France, Spain, Brazil, and China.
Type of site
|Web technology blog|
|Alexa rank||533,611 (October 2017[update])|
On October 22, 2012, RWW redesigned their website, rebranded as ReadWrite & hired Daniel Lyons as the new editor-in-chief. Dan Lyons has since left ReadWrite on March 20, 2013. Owen Thomas is the present Editor-In-Chief of ReadWrite.
SAY Media sold ReadWrite to Wearable World in February 2015.
In June 2015, the company announced a crowd funding campaign.
Editor In ChiefEdit
|Editor-In-Chief||Editor From||Editor To|
- "Readwriteweb.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2017-10-07.
- Bond, Georgina (August 18, 2008). "Richard McManus – the most influential Kiwi online". The New Zealand Herald.
- "top 100 blogs". Technorati. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06.
- "Kiwi blog lord picked up by NY Times". The New Zealand Herald. September 24, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- About ReadWriteWeb Accessed April 7, 2010
- Goel, Vindu (September 23, 2008). "Tech News 2.0 at The Times". The New York Times.
- MacManus, Richard. "New York Times Syndicates ReadWriteWeb". ReadWriteWeb. Archived from the original on 2009-02-22.
- "http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/readwriteweb_acquired_by_say_media.php". Readwriteweb.com. Retrieved 2013-09-26. External link in
- "ReadWriteWeb relaunches as ReadWrite, and nabs Fake Steve Jobs as Editor-in-Chief". The Next Web. Retrieved October 22, 2012.
- "Why I hired the Fake Steve Jobs: HubSpot Blog".
- "Interviewing ReadWrite's Editor Owen Thomas". Ranky. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Castillo, Michelle. "SAY Media Unloads Its Websites to Focus on Tech". AdWeek. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- Supplemental Content on NYTimes.com Short description of ReadWriteWeb
- ReadWriteWeb Brazil ReadWriteWeb Brazil
- ReadWriteWeb China ReadWriteWeb China
- ReadWriteWeb France ReadWriteWeb France
- ReadWriteWeb Spain ReadWriteWeb Spain
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|