Ramon Humber (born August 10, 1987) is an American football linebacker who is a free agent. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He attended Champlin Park High School in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, then played college football at North Dakota State.
|Born:||August 10, 1987|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||232 lb (105 kg)|
|High school:||Champlin Park|
|College:||North Dakota State|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Humber led the Colts with 17 special teams tackles during 2009, and was active on special teams in that season's playoffs and Super Bowl. In 2010, he was placed on injured reserve after two games with a broken hand, and was waived from injured reserve on November 9, 2010.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
The New Orleans Saints signed him on December 1. He played in 13 games in 2011. In 2012, he was suspended for the first three games of the season for a violation of the NFL substance abuse policy, then restored to the active roster. On February 8, 2016, Humber was released by the Saints.
New England PatriotsEdit
On August 31, 2016, Humber was signed by the Buffalo Bills. He played in all 16 games, including one start. Most of his contributions during the 2016 season occurred on special teams, as he tied for the team lead with 12 special teams tackles.
On February 16, 2017, Humber re-signed with the Bills. On September 10, 2017, in the season opener against the New York Jets, he recorded a career-high 12 tackles in the 21–12 victory. He played in 13 games with nine starts, recording a career-high 89 tackles, which finished third on the team.
Second stint with PatriotsEdit
On November 14, 2018, Humber signed with the New England Patriots to a one-year deal. Humber appeared in 6 games for the Patriots. Humber finished the 2018 season with 9 tackles. Humber helped the Patriots reach Super Bowl LIII where they beat the Los Angeles Rams 13-3.
- Mark Craig, "Colts are equal-opportunity employers; The team digs up talent everywhere, which is how it found former Champlin Park High player Ramon Humber, a special teams standout." Star Tribune, February 24, 2010 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Mike Triplett, "New Orleans Saints sign linebacker Ramon Humber, release quarterback Sean Canfield", Times-Picayune, December 1, 2010.
- Guerry Smith, "Saints starting linebackers hit with injuries", CBSSports.com, August 20, 2012.
- "Saints release WR Camarillo, activate LB Humber", Fox News Channel, September 26, 2012.
- "Patriots sign veteran LB Ramon Humber; Release LB Dane Fletcher". Patriots.com. March 9, 2016. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Patriots make roster moves to meet 75-man limit". Patriots.com.
- Brown, Chris. "Bills add veteran LB Ramon Humber; K Gay released". BuffaloBills.
- "Bills agree to terms with LB Ramon Humber". BuffaloBills.com. February 15, 2017.
- "New York Jets at Buffalo Bills - September 10th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- "Ramon Humber Career Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- Brown, Chris (March 20, 2018). "LB Ramon Humber returns to Bills". BuffaloBills.com.
- "Bills call-up WR Robert Foster; Tremaine Edmunds expected to play". BuffaloBills.com. November 10, 2018.
- Cox, Zack (November 14, 2018). "NFL Rumors: Patriots Bring Back Familiar Face To Bolster Linebacking Corps". NESN. Retrieved November 14, 2018.