Ramin Rezaeian (born 21 March 1990) is an Iranian footballer who plays as a right back for Qatari club Al Shahania. He started his career as a right-back, but he often plays as a winger. Rezaeian was Carlos Queiroz's first choice on the right side of the defense of the Iran men's national team in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification matches. To date, he has scored twice in 41 appearances for Iran.
Rezaeian in 2019
|Full name||Ramin Rezaeian Semeskandi|
|Date of birth||March 21, 1990|
|Place of birth||Semeskande, Iran|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Right back, Winger|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:53, 9 November 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20:13, 14 november 2019 (UTC)
Rezaeian signed a three–year with the Tehran-based club Rah Ahan in 2013. After several good performances in the 2014–15 season, Rezaeian was recognized as one of the best fullbacks in the league and was called up to the national team. On 3 April 2015, Rezaeian scored his team's first goal in a 2–2 draw against Persepolis. Two weeks later, on 17 April, he scored a brace in a 2–2 draw against Esteghlal Khuzestan.
Rezaeian joined Persepolis on 27 June 2015 with a two-year contract. He scored his first goal for Persepolis in a 2–0 victory against Siah Jamegan. On 26 December 2015, Rezaeian scored a 30-yard free kick against Padideh in stoppage time to earn them a 2–2 draw. He also scored the third goal for Persepolis in the Tehran derby against Esteghlal F.C. on 15 April 2016. Persepolis won that derby 4-2. After initially signing a contract with Turkish Süper Lig club Rizespor in the summer of 2016, Rezaeian cancelled his contract and re–joined Persepolis.
After an altercation with teammate Ali Alipour during a training camp before an AFC Champions League match, Rezaeian was told to train by himself. After a few weeks, his contract was eventually terminated with Persepolis and he was released.
After rejecting an offer from Tehran rivals Esteghlal F.C., Rezaeian joined Belgian club K.V. Oostende on 9 July 2017 with a two-year contract after a successful trial period at the club. Ramin made his debut on 27 July 2017 in a 3rd round Europa League qualifier against French club Olympique de Marseille. Oostende lost the match 4–2 and Rezaeian played the full 90 minutes.
On 6 November 2018, Rezaeian joined Qatar Stars League side Al Shahania. In his first match with the club, on 8 November, Ramin scored a free kick goal in his team's 5–1 loss to Al Duhail. On 23 November, in his second match with his club, Ramin assisted his teams only goal in a 1–0 win against Al-Kharitiyath.
He was called into Iran's 2015 AFC Asian Cup squad on 30 December 2014 by Carlos Queiroz. He made his debut against Iraq in a friendly on 4 January 2015. He also played a friendly match against Sweden. Rezaeian scored his first international goal on 17 November 2015 in a 6–0 victory against Guam. In May 2018, he was named in Iran's preliminary squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia..
- As of 2019
|Rah Ahan||Pro League||2013–14||27||2||3||2||–||–||–||–||30||4|
|Club||Division||Season||League||Qatar Emir Cup||Asia||Other||Total|
|Al Shahania||Qatar Stars League||2018–19||11||4||0||0||–||–||–||–||11||4|
|Al Shahania||Qatar Stars League||2019–20||7||4||0||0||–||–||–||–||7||4|
- Statistics accurate as of match play
- Scores and results list Iran's goal tally first.
|1.||17 November 2015||Guam Football Association National Training Center, Dededo, Guam||Guam||3–0||6–0||2018 WCQ and 2019 ACQ|
|2.||10 November 2016||Shah Alam Stadium, Shah Alam, Malaysia||Papua New Guinea||8–1||8–1||Friendly|
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "ملی پوشان مازندرانی در پی درخشش در جام جهانی فوتبال" ["Mazanderani national players looking for a shine at the Football World Cup"]. IRIB News (in Persian). Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "Iranian Premier League Stats: 2018-2019 Season". IPLstats.com. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "بازیکن تیم ملی فوتبال ایران سرخپوش شد" [Iran national team player became a red-wearer]. FC-Perspolis.com (in Persian). Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "فوتبالیترین - پاسخ منفی رضاییان به پیشنهاد تیم ترکیهای". footballitarin.com.
- "Qatar's Al Shahania Signs Iranian Ramin Rezaeian". tasnimnews.com. 6 November 2018. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "Queiroz Names Team Melli Squad". AFCAsianCup.com. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "World Cup 2018: All the confirmed squads for this summer's finals in Russia". BBC. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramin Rezaeian.|
- Ramin Rezaeian at National-Football-Teams.com