Ramesh Datla (Telugu: రమేష్ దాట్ల) is an Indian Industrialist and Chairman of Elico Limited the first Analytical Instruments company in India established in 1960. He is also the Chairman of Elico Healthcare Services Ltd a leading player in the Healthcare IT & ITES Space. He is an active member of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and is the Chairman, CII National Committee on IPR, Immediate Past Chairman, CII National Committee on Water and Past Chairman, CII Southern Region and Past Chairperson, CII National Committee on Intellectual Property rights. He was also the past Chairman, CII National MSME Council. He has been actively associated with the industry chamber and held several advisory beneficial roles to the Government of India on behalf of the Industry. He represented India as a speaker in the OECD Conference - Tokyo, GTZ Conference - Berlin, Gulf Cooperation Council Meeting - Muscat, UKIBC Conference - Manchester, USIBC Conference - Washington DC and B20 Working Group for G20 Summit, France. He also led several delegations to United States, Europe, Mexico, Japan, South East Asia, China, Africa & CIS countries.
Ramesh Datla addressing the UKIBC conference in Manchester, United Kingdom in 2011
|Born||25 October 1961|
|Alma mater||MIT Sloan School of Management|
Wichita State University
Indian Institute of Science
ELICO Healthcare Services
Early life and educationEdit
Born on 25 October 1961. Ramesh Datla holds a Doctorate in Instrumentation, a Post Graduate Degree in Electronics Design Technology from Indian Institute of Science, a Master’s in Electrical Engineering from Wichita State University, Graduate in Executive Management from MIT Sloan School of Management.
Ramesh started his career at Cirrus Logic Inc, a semiconductor company located in Milpitas, California, USA before moving to India. Later he joined ELICO Limited and held several positions before talking over as Managing Director.
- Member B20 Working Group as part of G20 Heads of State & Governments Summit 2012, Mexico.
- Member B20 Working Group as part of G20 Heads of State & Governments Summit 2011, France.
- Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – National MSME Council.
- Member, National Board for MSME, Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India.
- Member, National Instrumentation Development Board (NIDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
- Board of Director, State Bank of Hyderabad.
- Member, Advisory Board, Electronics & ICT Academy NIT Warangal
- Member, Governing Board, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad and Kakinada & Osmania University.
He also actively participated with following associations in past.
- Chairman, Bharatiya Yuva Shakti Trust (BYST) - Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
- Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) - Southern Region
- Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – National IPR Committee, New Delhi
- Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – National Membership Committee, New Delhi
- Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – National MSME Council, New Delhi
- Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – Andhra Pradesh State Council.
- Chairman, Employers" Federation of Southern India (EFSI) - AP, Hyderabad
- Chairman, Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC-AP).
- President, ISA-The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society, Hyderabad Section
- President, Electronic Industries Association of A.P.
- Thriving in a Volatile World, Interview
- THE OECD GLOBAL CONFERENCE, Tokyo, Japan
- UKIBC Annual Summit, UKIBC Annual Summit.
- UKIBC Annual Summit 2011, UKIBC Annual Summit 2011.
- UKIBC Annual Summit, Cooperation among SMEs in India, UK to lead future.
- A Publication of the Embassy of India, Washington, D.C., India Review.
- B20 Business Summit, Cannes Participants Info
- B20 Summit, Cannes, France.
- The Indo - European Research and Innovation Partnership Conference, Brussels 2012, Biographies.
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Wichita State University
- Official Website Archived 28 January 2017 at the Wayback Machine, Cirrus Logic
- Report Linker News Archived 2013-02-01 at Archive.today, B20-Leaders.
- B20 Business Summit, Mexico[permanent dead link], Participants Info
- B20 Business Summit, Cannes.
- B20 Working Group Contributors, B20 Summit, Cannes.
- CII MSME Council Annual Review
- The Hindu Business Line, CII - MOU with Osmania University
- Board of Directors State Bank of Hyderabad.
- Osmania University Governing Board Retrieved from info.worldbank.org
- Bharatiya Yuva Shakti Trust, National News
- Basildon hosts Indian delegation Archived 2012-12-24 at Archive.today, Basildon Council
- "Bhushan is IACC (South) chief". The Hindu Business Line. 13 October 2003. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- IEEE Hyderabad Section Archived 2013-04-15 at Archive.today, Industry Academia Interaction Panel