Ramesh Chandra Majhi
Ramesh Chandra Majhi born on 9 April 1978) is an Indian politician. He was elected to the Lok Sabha, lower house of the Parliament of India from Nabarangpur, Odisha in the 2019 Indian general election as a member of the Biju Janata Dal. He is Ex Cabinet Minister for ST & SC Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare, Panchyatraj Department in Government of Odisha.
Ramesh Chandra Majhi
|Member of Indian Parliament (Lok Sabha) |
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Balabhadra Majhi|
|Born||9 April 1978|
|Political party||Biju Janata Dal|
Early life and educationEdit
Ramesh Chandra Majhi was born to Jadav Majhi and Balamati Majhi on 9 April 1978 in Dandamunda village under Chandahandi tehsil in Nabarangpur district. He has one brother and three sisters. Due to his involvement in politics at a very young age, the lack of attention to his study interrupted his higher studies and further education. Even after holding the post of Minister of State (Ind) for Information & Technology, Majhi was not a graduate; he did not pass his +2 exams until April 2011. In 2011 he appeared for his +2(Arts) examination under the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa.
At the age of 20, Majhi became chairman of Chandahandi Block, at 25 Zilla Parishad member, at 27 youngest legislator of the State and at 31 Minister after being re-elected to the State Assembly."At 33, Odisha Minister to sit for higher secondary exam". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 14 March 2011. Archived from the original on 18 March 2011.</ref>
- Joined Politics during the tenure of late Biju Patnaik
- Jan 1997: Elected as Panchayat Samiti Member of "Dhodipani" Gram Panchayat under Chandahandi Block.
- Elected as chairman, Panchayat Samiti of Chandahandi, Dist.-Nabarangpur
- Elected as State Executive Member of B.J.D., Orissa
- Feb 2002: Elected as Zilla Parishad Member of Chandahandi.
Assembly & Parliament MembershipEdit
- Member of Orissa Legislative Assembly from 2004 to 2009 (13th). Elected from Dabugam and contested from Biju Janata Dal party.
- Member of Orissa Legislative Assembly from 2009 to date (14th). Elected from Jharigam and contested from Biju Janata Dal party.
- Member of Parliament From 2019 Loksabha from Nabarangpur and contested from Biju Janata Dal Party
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 June 2009. Retrieved 22 December 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "RCM Exam". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 14 March 2011. Archived from the original on 18 March 2011.
- "RCM career". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 14 March 2011. Archived from the original on 18 March 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 April 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)