Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport (IATA: TAL, ICAO: PATA, FAA LID: TAL) is a state-owned public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) west of the central business district of Tanana, a city in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska.
Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport
|Owner||State of Alaska DOT&PF - Northern Region|
|Elevation AMSL||236 ft / 72 m|
|Coordinates||65°10′28″N 152°06′34″W / 65.17444°N 152.10944°WCoordinates: 65°10′28″N 152°06′34″W / 65.17444°N 152.10944°W|
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 3,549 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,298 enplanements in 2009, and 3,241 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a non-primary commercial service airport (between 2,500 and 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraftEdit
Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport covers an area of 1,650 acres (668 ha) at an elevation of 236 feet (72 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with a gravel surface measuring 4,400 by 150 feet (1,341 x 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 29, 2009, the airport had 3,100 aircraft operations, an average of 258 per month: 55% general aviation, 43% air taxi, and 2% military.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
This section needs to be updated.(January 2022)
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Wright Air Service||Fairbanks, Hughes, Huslia, Ruby|
- ^ a b c d FAA Airport Form 5010 for TAL PDF. Federal Aviation Administration. effective April 5, 2012.
- ^ "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- ^ "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- ^ "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- ^ "Timetable" (PDF). Wright Air Service. Retrieved December 20, 2020.
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TAL, effective March 23, 2023
- Resources for this airport:
- FAA airport information for TAL
- AirNav airport information for PATA
- ASN accident history for TAL
- FlightAware airport information and live flight tracker
- NOAA/NWS latest weather observations for PATA
- SkyVector aeronautical chart for TAL