Rail Link (horse)
|Prix du Lys (2006)|
Grand Prix de Paris (2006)
Prix Niel (2006)
Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (2006)
Unraced at two, he made an inauspicious start to his three-year-old career, unseating his rider on his debut at Saint-Cloud, and then finishing second in its next race at Chantilly Racecourse. From then on he was undefeated in five races, winning the Prix Gouvernant, Prix du Lys, Grand Prix de Paris and Prix Niel.
During the Winter of 2006-7, he suffered a tendon problem and was taken out of training. He was expected to return in the Summer of 2007, but the injury was too serious and he was retired from racing. He was sent to stud at Juddmonte Farms.
|Pas de Nom|
|Hasili||Kahyasi||Ile de Bourbon|
|Tree of Knowledge||Sassafrás|
- McGrath, Chris (21 July 2006). "Rail Link on track to redeem unlucky sire". The Independent. Archived from the original on 27 May 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- Gina Rarick (2006-10-01). "Horse Racing: Rail Link chugs past favorites for victory". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Rail Link takes shock Arc victory". BBC News. 2006-10-01. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Marcus Armytage (2007-09-19). "Injured Arc winner Rail Link is retired". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Sue Montgomery (2007-07-19). "Racing: Arc winner Rail Link will retire to stud following tendon injury". The Independent. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Chris McGrath (2006-07-21). "Racing: Rail Link on track to redeem unlucky sire". The Independent. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Tony Smurthwaite (2007-07-19). "2006 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe winner Rail Link retired". Thoroughbred Times. Retrieved 2011-09-04. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: