|Born||February 25, 1991|
Hawaii, United States
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg; 8.9 st)|
|Reach||62 in (157 cm)|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Ostovich began her amateur MMA career in 2010. Over the next three years she amassed an undefeated amateur MMA record of 6-0.
Ostovich made her professional MMA debut in January 2014 in her native Hawaii. She went 1-1 before joining Invicta Fighting Championships
Ostovich debuted for the all-female Invicta Fighting Championships in December 2014. She faced Evva Johnson at Invicta FC 10 and won the fight by split decision.
In her third bout for the promotion, Ostovich faced Ariel Beck on May 7, 2016, at Invicta FC 17. She won the bout via split decision.
In her fourth fight for the promotion, Ostovich faced Christine Ferea on January 14, 2017, at Invicta FC 21. She lost the fight via TKO in the third round, bringing her Invicta FC record to 2-2 before joining The Ultimate Fighter.
The Ultimate FighterEdit
In August 2017, it was announced that Ostovich would be one of the fighters featured on The Ultimate Fighter 26, where the process to crown the UFC's inaugural 125-pound women's champion will take place. In the opening round, Ostovich defeated Melinda Fábián by rear-naked choke submission. In the quarterfinals, she faced Barb Honchak and lost the bout via unanimous decision.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Ostovich was scheduled to face Paige VanZant on January 19, 2019, at UFC on ESPN+ 1. It was reported on November 18, 2018, that Ostovich was violently assaulted, sustaining a broken orbital bone and other injuries, and due to the injuries she sustained, she pulled out from the fight against VanZant. On November 27, the bout between Ostovich and VanZant was confirmed to push through on January 19, 2019, after Ostovich was cleared to fight by her doctor. Ostovich lost the fight by submission via armbar in the second round.
Ostovich was scheduled to face Shana Dobson at UFC Fight Night 168 in Auckland, New Zealand on February 23, 2020 at UFC Fight Night 168. However, Ostovich due to testing positive to tainted supplements, and she was replaced by Priscila Cachoeira.
On November 18, 2018, Ostovich was assaulted in her hometown of Honolulu, leaving her with a broken orbital bone. The perpetrator is alleged to be her husband, Arnold Berdon, who is an MMA fighter. Ostovich filed and was granted a temporary restraining order against her husband effective until May 19, 2019. Berdon was arrested on November 20, 2018, for second-degree assault (felony) and he was released on a bond of $75,000. The case is under investigation currently by the Honolulu Police Department. A nine-minute video taken by a witness and obtained by Hawaii News Now captures Berdon repeatedly saying "I’m going to murder you. I’m going to fucking murder you," and Ostovich’s cries for help. On December 20, 2018, Berdon plead not guilty in connection with the case. The trial's next hearing was in March 2019, where Berdon pleaded no contest on the case.
After a night out with family, (Arnold Berdon) punched me repeatedly on the head, face, ribs, making me fall to the ground. I gasped for breath and escaped thru [sic] balcony. I coughed up blood, threw up sev. [sic] times. Cracked orbital.
The sentencing took place on May 16, 2019, in a Honolulu court and Berdon was sentenced to a four year probation in domestic assault. Ostovich's divorce decree was filed with full custody of their six year old daughter.
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|9 matches||4 wins||5 losses|
|Loss||4–5||Paige VanZant||Submission (armbar)||UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw||January 19, 2019||2||1:50||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Loss||4–4||Montana De La Rosa||Submission (rear-naked choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Undefeated Finale||July 6, 2018||3||4:21||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||4–3||Karine Gevorgyan||Submission (armbar)||The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion Finale||December 1, 2017||1||1:40||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Catchweight (130 lbs) bout; Gevorgyan missed weight.|
|Loss||3–3||Christine Ferea||TKO (punches)||Invicta FC 21: Anderson vs. Tweet||January 14, 2017||3||1:29||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||3–2||Ariel Beck||Decision (split)||Invicta FC 17: Evinger vs. Schneider||May 7, 2016||3||5:00||Costa Mesa, California, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||2–2||Andrea Lee||Submission (armbar)||Invicta FC 14: Evinger vs. Kianzad||September 12, 2015||3||4:58||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||2–1||Evva Johnson||Decision (split)||Invicta FC 10: Waterson vs. Tiburcio||December 5, 2014||3||5:00||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||1–1||Misha Nassiri||Submission (armbar)||X-1: Jara vs. Vitale||September 26, 2014||3||N/A||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Loss||0–1||Jenny Liou Shriver||TKO (knee to the body and punches)||Destiny MMA Na Koa 4||January 25, 2014||2||N/A||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|2 matches||1 win||1 loss|
|Loss||1-1||Barb Honchak||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion||November 15, 2017 (air date)||2||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 26 Quarter-Finals|
|Win||1-0||Melinda Fábián||Submission (rear-naked choke)||October 18, 2017 (air date)||1||4:22||TUF 26 preliminary round|
- "Rachael Ostovich explains why she wears Wonder Woman costume in the cage". AXS. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "The Ostovich Ohana: A Proud Past, and Bright Future, in MMA". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Eight-bout Invicta FC 21 lineup finalized with addition of 3 fights, including Andrea Lee-Jenny Liou". MMAjunkie. 2016-12-21. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- Latest, MMA. "Rachael Ostovich vs. Christine Ferea - Invicta FC 21's Barnburner in Waiting - MMA Latest". www.mmalatestnews.com. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- "Invicta FC 21 results & highlights: Megan Anderson wins interim FW title". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- Staff (2017-08-05). "'The Ultimate Fighter 26' cast revealed: Who's vying to become 1st UFC women's flyweight champ?". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-08-06.
- "The Ultimate Fighter 26, Episode 7 results: Melinda Fabian vs. Rachael Ostovich". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "Episode No. 10 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 26: A New World Champion'". MMAjunkie. 2017-11-16. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "TUF 26 Finale full fight card finalized". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "TUF 26 Finale results: Rachael Ostovich ground game too much for Karine Gevorgyan". MMAjunkie. 2017-12-02. Retrieved 2017-12-02.
- "Montana De La Rosa vs. Rachael Ostovich set for TUF 27 Finale on July 6 - WMMA Rankings". WMMA Rankings. 2018-04-20. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "TUF 27 Finale results: Montana De La Rosa turns tables on Rachael Ostovich for submission win". MMAjunkie. 2018-07-07. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich booked for UFC on ESPN+ 1 in Brooklyn". MMAjunkie. 2018-11-06. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich suffers 'major injuries', hospitalized after Hawaii assault". RT International. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Rachael Ostovich Ruled Out of Her Fight Against Paige VanZant | MMAnytt.com". MMAnytt.com. 2018-11-20. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- "Rachael Ostovich Cleared to Face Paige VanZant at UFC Fight Night in January | MMAWeekly.com". www.mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2018-11-28.
- "UFC on ESPN+ 1 results: Paige VanZant submits Rachael Ostovich for first win since 2016". MMAjunkie.com. January 19, 2019. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Martin, Damon (2019-06-14). "Tecia Torres vs. Marina Rodriguez among 7 fights announced for UFC card in Uruguay". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- Anderson, Jay (2019-12-19). "Rachael Ostovich vs. Shana Dobson On Deck for UFC Auckland". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-12-19.
- "Rachael Ostovich out, Shana Dobson now meets Priscila Cachoeira at UFC on ESPN+ 26 in Auckland". MMA Junkie. 2020-01-24. Retrieved 2020-01-25.
- "UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich's husband reportedly arrested for attempted murder". Newsweek. 2018-11-21. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Husband of Rachael Ostovich, Arnold Berdon released on bond, gets charge reclassified | BJPenn.com". | BJPenn.com. 2018-11-24. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- Kawano, Lynn. "Recording shows brutality, extent of attack UFC's Rachael Ostovich endured". http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com. Retrieved 2018-12-22. External link in
- Patrick Redford (December 21, 2018). "New Recording Allegedly Shows Rachael Ostovich's Husband Threatening To Murder Her". Deadspin. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "Husband of UFC's Rachael Ostovich pleads no contest to assault". mmajunkie.com. March 14, 2019.
- "Rachael Ostovich reveals harrowing details of alleged domestic violence assault - 'I coughed up blood'". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- Newswire, MMA Fighting (2019-05-16). "Rachael Ostovich's ex-husband Arnold Berdon sentenced to four years probation in domestic assault case". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-05-17.
- Sherdog.com. "Rachael Ostovich MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-11-06.