|Deputy Convener of ADMK|
|Assumed office |
|MP of Rajya Sabha for Tamil Nadu|
|Assumed office |
30 June 2016
|Preceded by||E. M. Sudarsana Natchiappan, INC|
|Minister of Housing & Agriculture (Government of Tamil Nadu)|
|Member of Legislative Assembly - Orathanad constituency|
2001 – 2016 (defeated)
Vaithilingam was Minister for Housing and Agriculture in the Government of Tamil Nadu prior to his defeat by M. Ramachandran in the state assembly election of 2016. The defeat was described as a giant-killing outcome. As a cadre of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK), he had been elected to the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly from the Orathanad constituency in 2001, 2006 and 2011.
On 3 June 2016, he was elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha, along with three others of his party. Upon He loss 2016 general election in orathanadu . After OPS-EPS faction merged, Vaithilingam said that general council will assemble soon to remove sasikala from the party.He was a close confidante of late Chief Minister J.Jayalalitha.
- "DMK and AIADMK edge out others in Thanjavur district". The Hindu. 20 May 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- 2001 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- 2006 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- "List of MLAs from Tamil Nadu" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Tamil Nadu.
- "26 Rajya Sabha members elected unopposed in six states (Roundup)". The Times of India. 3 March 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "Bihar: Piyush Goyal, Chidambaram, Suresh Prabhu, Sharad Yadav elected to Rajya Sabha". The Economic Times. 3 March 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
|This article about an All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|