Quinton Jefferson (born March 31, 1993) is an American football defensive end for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Seahawks in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. He played college football at Maryland.
|No. 99 – Seattle Seahawks|
March 31, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||291 lb (132 kg)|
|High school:||Pittsburgh (PA) Woodland Hills|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 5 / Pick: 147|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Quinton Jefferson was born to Larry and Bahiyyah Jefferson in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Jefferson attended Woodland Hills High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he played both football and basketball.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in
|33 3⁄8 in
|8 7⁄8 in
|4.95 s||4.37 s||7.95 s||29.0 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Jefferson was drafted in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL Draft with the 147th overall selection by the Seattle Seahawks after the team swapped 7th rounders with the New England Patriots while giving them a 4th rounder in the 2017 NFL Draft in order to move up to #147 in order to select Jefferson. On May 6, 2016, the Seahawks announced that they had signed Jefferson to his rookie contract. He was placed on injured reserve on October 25, 2016, after suffering a knee injury.
On September 2, 2017, Jefferson was waived by the Seahawks.
Los Angeles RamsEdit
Seattle Seahawks (second stint)Edit
On October 2, 2017, Jefferson was signed by the Seahawks off the Rams' practice squad. In Week 14 of the 2017 season, Jefferson was ejected for being involved in a scuffle with some players on the Jacksonville Jaguars. As he was leaving the field, some Jacksonville fans threw drinks at him. Jefferson attempted to climb into the stands in an effort to attack the fans, but was restrained by a team official.
Jefferson is married to Nadia Jackson and has three daughters, the youngest are twins.
- "99 - Quinton Jefferson". Maryland Athletics. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- "Quinton Jefferson". 247.com. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- "DT - Quinton Jefferson - Maryland, Big Ten", NFL.com, retrieved May 3, 2016.
- Kelly, Danny (April 30, 2016). "NFL Draft Results: Seahawks trade up to select Quinton Jefferson with 5th round pick, 147 overall". FieldGulls.com. SBNation. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- Henderson, Brady (May 6, 2016). "Seahawks sign 9 of 10 draft picks; 13 UDFA signings announced". MyNorthwest.com. ESPN. Retrieved May 23, 2016.
- "Seahawks Sign DE Malliciah Goodman, Place Quinton Jefferson on Injured Reserve". Seahawks.com. October 25, 2016.
- Drovetto, Tony (September 2, 2017). "Seahawks Make Three More Trades, Set 53-Man Roster". Seahawks.com.
- Simmons, Myles (September 3, 2017). "Rams Assigned Three Players via Waivers". TheRams.com.
- Lago, Kristen (September 12, 2017). "Rams Sign OT Cornelius Lucas, Waive Dielman and Jefferson". TheRams.com.
- Boyle, John (October 2, 2017). "Seahawks Sign DE Quinton Jefferson, Place Chris Carson On Injured Reserve". Seahawks.com.
- "Seahawks players ejected in 24-30 loss to Jaguars". Bleacher Report. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Ian Furness; Jason Puckett (May 3, 2016). Quinton Jefferson 5-3. Ian & Puck Show (Radio). iHeartRadio. Retrieved May 5, 2016.