Pro-Ject Audio Systems is a manufacturer of audiophile equipment, founded in 1991 by Heinz Lichtenegger and located in Mistelbach, Austria, with manufacturing plants in Czech Republic and Slovakia. It produces a range of audio equipment including a family of turntables, which are often quoted as reference entry-level models. All turntables are produced from scratch, by hand and in house. From the tiniest screw to the chassis, everything is done by technicians. A strict four step quality control ensures that everything works as intended.Under the name of Box Design they also manufacture a range of micro hi-fi components such as Amps, CD Transports, Phono Stages, Streaming Devices and more. By shrinking the cabinets to a miniature size, they are able to save costs and offer a true price to performance relation. Today Pro-Ject ship into more than 80 countries world-wide.
|Heinz Lichtenegger (founder and director)|
Number of employees
- "Go Analogue! in the third millenium" (PDF). Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- "Pro-ject Audio Systems". Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "Current Turntable Manufacturers G to Q – audiotools.com". Audiotools.com. 27 September 2005. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- "Pro-ject Owners Manuals, Service Manuals, Schematics, Free Download". Vinyl Engine. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- "Box Design by Pro-Ject Audio Systems". Box-designs.com. 23 August 2016. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- Reina, Robert J. (February 2010). "Pro-Ject Debut III record player". Stereophile. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- Gold, Phil (April 2004). "Entry Level Vinyl Spinner... Pro-Ject 1 Xpression And Speed Box". Enjoythemusic.com. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- Price, David (January 1998). "VINYL TO GO!". Hi-fi World. Retrieved 23 September 2010.