Prithvi (2010 film)
Prithvi is a 2010 Indian Kannada language action drama film directed by Jacob Varghese, produced by N.S Rajkumar, starring Puneeth Rajkumar and Parvathy in lead roles. Manikanth Kadri composed the music of the film.
|Directed by||Jacob Varghese|
|Produced by||Rajakumar N. S.|
|Music by||Manikanth Kadri|
|Edited by||Kishore Te.|
Prithvi Kumar (Puneeth Rajkumar) is an young IAS Officer who works as District collector for Bellary District. His main aim is to eradicate the ongoing corruption in the District and stick to his principles: honesty and corruption-free administration.
Once he takes office, he discovers that the people of the area are drinking contaminated water, that is polluted by unstoppable illegal mining companies, daily. He notices that people fall ill due to the polluted water and foresees the future may be very critical if the people continue to have the same water for drinking.
His mission is to find out the reason behind the polluted water. He seizes all illegal mining companies around Bellary with no mercy. As a result, Bellary Mining Lords try to kill him.
How Prithvi reacts to Bellary Mining Lords conspiracy, even dare to question Government's decision and be successful in his mission against illegal mining companies is the further story of the film.
- Puneeth Rajkumar as Prithvi Kumar
- Parvathy as Priya, Prithvi Kumar's wife
- Srinivasa Murthy as Prithvi Kumar's father
- Sathyapriya as Gowri, Prithvi Kumar's mother
- Ramesh Bhat as Priya's father
- Padmaja Rao as Priya's mother
- C. R. Simha as the Home Minister of Karnataka
- Avinash as Narasimha Nayak
- John Kokkin as Nagendra Nayak
- Sadhu Kokila as Tirupathi
- Prakash Urs
- John Vijay as Inspector Suryaprakash
- Achyuth Kumar as Sharanappa
- Shivaji Jadhav as Narayanappa
- Padma Vasanthi as Basavaraj's wife
- Mico Shivu
- Spoorthi as Aarti, Prithvi Kumar's sister
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||11 April 2010|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Manikanth Kadri scored the film's background music and composed its soundtrack, lyrics for which was penned by Jayant Kaikini, K. Kalyan and Kaviraj. The soundtrack album consists of six tracks. Actress and singer Shruti Haasan made her debut as a playback singer for a Kannada track with "Nenapidu Nenapidu". Saxophonist Kadri Gopalnath, also the father of the composer Manikanth Kadri, lent bits to the track "Kukkoo Kogileyinda". The album was released in Bangalore on 11 April 2010. Anand Audio distributed the album into the market.
|1.||"Hejjegondu Hejje"||Kaviraj||Clinton Cerejo, Benny Dayal, Shweta Mohan||4:39|
|2.||"Nenapidu Nenapidu"||K. Kalyan||Karthik, Shruti Haasan||4:26|
|3.||"Kukkoo Kogileyinda"||K. Kalyan||Rajesh Krishnan, Sunidhi Chauhan||4:46|
|4.||"Ninagende Visheshavaada"||Jayanth Kaikini||Kunal Ganjawala, Hamsika Iyer||4:26|
|5.||"Haagella Nee Nodabeda"||Jayanth Kaikini||Haricharan, Anitha Karthikeyan||4:42|
|6.||"Jagave Ninadu"||K. Kalyan||Manikanth Kadri, Benny Dayal||4:06|
The movie ran for 8 weeks in Main Theater Sagar and additional 2 weeks in Menaka (10 weeks). The movie was critically acclaimed & became hit in A centers and multiplex but flopped in B & C Centres. The movie attained cult status after being telecasted in TV .
The movie was dubbed in Malayalam and Telugu as Prithvi IAS.
- "Prithvi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – EP by Manikanth Kadri". iTunes. Archived from the original on 28 July 2018. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Pyarilal, Vasanth (12 April 2010). "Puneeth's 'Prithvi' audio launched". southscope.in. Archived from the original on 28 July 2018. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "Prithvi Audio Released". chitraloka.com. 12 April 2010. Archived from the original on 28 July 2018. Retrieved 28 July 2018.