Princess Antoinette of Saxe-Altenburg
|Antoinette of Saxe-Altenburg|
|Duchess consort of Anhalt|
|Born||17 April 1838|
Bamberg, Kingdom of Bavaria
|Died||13 October 1908 (aged 70)|
Berchtesgaden, Kingdom of Bavaria, German Empire
|Spouse||Friedrich I, Duke of Anhalt|
|Issue||Leopold, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt|
Friedrich II, Duke of Anhalt
Elisabeth, Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Eduard, Duke of Anhalt
Prince Aribert of Anhalt
Alexandra, Princess of Schwarzburg
|Father||Prince Eduard of Saxe-Altenburg|
|Mother||Amalie of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen|
She married on 22 April 1854 in Altenburg the future Friedrich I, Duke of Anhalt (1831-1904). The marriage was for dynastic reasons and Antoinette married one of the richest German princes. On the occasion of the marriage was coined a commemorative medal.
Antoinette and Friedrich had six children:
- Leopold, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt (1855–1886), married Princess Elisabeth of Hesse-Kassel in 1884.
- Friedrich II, Duke of Anhalt (1856–1918), married Princess Marie of Baden in 1889.
- Princess Elisabeth of Anhalt (1857–1933), married Adolf Friedrich V, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg in Strelitz in 1877.
- Eduard, Duke of Anhalt (1861–1918), married Princess Luise of Saxe-Altenburg in 1895.
- Prince Aribert of Anhalt (1866–1933), married Princess Marie Louise of Schleswig-Holstein in 1891.
- Princess Alexandra of Anhalt (1868–1958), married Sizzo, Prince of Schwarzburg in 1897.
|Ancestors of Princess Antoinette of Saxe-Altenburg|
- "Duke of Anhalt Is Dead", The New York Times, Dessau, 25 January 1904
Princess Antoinette of Saxe-AltenburgBorn: 28 June 1845 Died: 5 July 1930
Princess Frederica Wilhelmina of Prussia
| Duchess consort of Anhalt
22 May 1871 – 23 January 1904
Princess Marie of Baden