Prince Seeiso of Lesotho
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Prince Seeiso Bereng Seeiso of Lesotho, Principal Chief of Matsieng (born April 16, 1966) is the younger brother of Lesotho's King Letsie III, and son of the Southern African country's, the late King Moshoeshoe II (1938–1996) and the late Queen 'Mamohato Bereng Seeiso (1941–2003).
|Prince of Lesotho|
|Born||16 April 1966|
|Spouse||Princess Mabereng Seeiso of Lesotho|
|Issue||Prince Bereng Constantine Seeiso|
Princess 'Masentle Tabitha Seeiso
Prince Masupha David Seeiso
He served as the President of the Senate of Lesotho from 2015 to 2017 and as the Lesotho High Commissioner to the United Kingdom. Prince Seeiso received Diplomat of the Year from Africa Award from the Diplomat Magazine. He is also a Chevening Scholar, and obtained a master's degree in International Studies from the University of Birmingham in 1996.
In April 2006, he and Prince Harry formed a charity called Sentebale which means "forget-me-not" to support organizations working with Lesotho's disadvantaged young people and children, particularly those orphaned as a result of HIV and AIDS.
Marriage and familyEdit
Prince Seeiso married to Princess Mabereng Seeiso of Lesotho (born 'Machaka Makara) on 15 December 2003. They have three children, two sons and one daughter:
- Prince Bereng Constantine Seeiso.
- Princess 'Masentle Tabitha Seeiso.
- Prince Masupha David Seeiso.
- Italy :
- Two Sicilian Royal Family: Knight Grand Cross of Justice of the Two Sicilian Royal Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George (8 October 2013).
|Ancestors of Prince Seeiso of Lesotho|
- "The Lesotho Government Portal". web.archive.org. 2018-04-19. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Peter AndersonSenior Reporter (2018-04-16). "Who is Prince Seeiso of Lesotho?". Royal Central. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Education in Britain
- "Prince Harry Launches Sentebale." The Prince of Wales. 27 Apr. 2006. Web. 24 Nov. 2010. <http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/newsandgallery/gallery/prince_harry_launches_sentebale_gallery_2_213454189_1986085411.html>.
- Birmingham University
- "The Principal Chief of Matsieng Prince Seeiso Bereng Seeiso". LECSA. 2016-01-26. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Daily Mail
- Constantinian Order