Prévost (electoral district)
|Quebec electoral district|
|Provincial electoral district|
|Legislature||National Assembly of Quebec|
Coalition Avenir Québec
|Census divisions||La Rivière-du-Nord|
|Census subdivisions||Piedmont, Prévost, Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs, Sainte-Sophie, Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Sauveur|
It was created for the 1973 election from parts of Montcalm and Terrebonne districts. Its final election was in 2008. It disappeared in the 2012 election and the successor electoral district was Saint-Jérôme.
As of its final election, it consisted of the municipalities of Prévost and Saint-Jérôme. In the change from the 2001 to the 2011 electoral map, the eponymous municipality of Prévost moved from the defunct Prévost electoral district to the Bertrand electoral district; the remaining municipality of Saint-Jérôme then became a separate new electoral district in its own right, named Saint-Jérôme.
The district was reconstituted for the 2018 election, with its territory consisting of the municipalities of Prévost, Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs, Sainte-Sophie, Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Sauveur and Piedmont.
The riding was named after the Prévost family, a regional family in which several members were elected to the National Assembly.
Members of the National AssemblyEdit
- Bernard Parent, Liberal (1973–1976)
- Jean-Guy Cardinal, Parti Québécois (1976–1979)
- Solange Chaput-Rolland, Liberal (1979–1981)
- Robert Dean, Parti Québécois (1981–1985)
- Paul-André Forget, Liberal (1985–1994)
- Daniel Paillé, Parti Québécois (1994–1996)
- Lucie Papineau, Parti Québécois (1997–2007)
- Martin Camirand, Action démocratique (2007–2008)
- Gilles Robert, Parti Québécois (2008–2012)
|2018 Quebec general election|
|The 2018 general election will be held on October 1.|
|Coalition Avenir Québec||Marguerite Blais|
|Parti libre||Michel Leclerc|
|Québec solidaire||Lucie Mayer|
|Parti Québécois||Paul St-Pierre Plamondon|
|Total valid votes||100.0|
|Total rejected ballots|
|Electors on the lists|
|Parti Québécois||Gilles Robert||15,229||44.22||+6.89|
|Action démocratique||Martin Camirand||7,193||20.88||-18.43|
|Québec solidaire||Lise Boivin||1,107||3.21||-0.67|
|Action démocratique||Martin Camirand||15,999||39.31|
|Parti Québécois||Lucie Papineau||15,191||37.33|
|Québec solidaire||Mylène Jacoud||1,578||3.88|
- Commission de la représentation électorale (January 2012). "The electoral map of Québec 2011: Final Report" (PDF). Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Quebec election: Prévost results". Global News, October 1, 2018.