This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jay Patrick Roquero (born December 15, 1974 in Laoang, Northern Samar), known by his stage name Pooh, is a Filipino actor, comedian, impersonator, singer and host. He is known for currently starring in the comedy gag show Banana Split. He is also known for impersonating boxer and politician Manny Pacquiao.
|Birth name||Reynold Garcia|
|Born||December 15, 1974|
Laoang, Northern Samar, Philippines
|Notable works and roles||Banana Split|Assistant Unit Manager|
He was the 2006 and 2007 awardee for Aliw Award best male stand-up comedian. He was again nominated in 2008.
Pooh first worked at the now-defunct Nota'Kwela, a comedy bar in Caloocan, he then moved to Music Box and later to Jazz Café. He was eventually scouted by Andrew del Real of The Library.
The comedian became a part of Banana Split cast with whom he did skits with and made impersonations as part of the show. By 2013, he became known for his impersonation of Manny Pacquiao. In additional to his stint with ABS-CBN, he occasionally receives assignments abroad as a comedian and impersonator.
Also in the same year , He expressed contentment with his involvement in the show and wouldn't mind if he offered additional roles or not and would not rather force a role unto himself which he considers as not his forte. He also said that he would rather not become as popular as Vice Ganda, saying he wouldn't be able to handle the fame with a similar level to his colleague.
Pooh said that his forte in comedy is more on impersonations and skit-based. He said he is not comfortable of using insults in doing comedy saying that he may not handle it well and end up offending someone.
- Stay-In Love (TV5)
- FPJ's Ang Probinsyano (ABS-CBN) - Wanda (2016)
- Ningning (ABS-CBN) - Jewel (2015)
- Muling Buksan Ang Puso (ABS-CBN) - Xenon (2013)
- Gandang Gabi, Vice! (ABS-CBN) - Himself (2011)
- Juanita Banana (ABS-CBN) - Sandra (2010)
- Pilipinas Win Na Win (ABS-CBN) - Co-host with Pokwang (2010)
- Your Song: Love Me, Love You (ABS-CBN) - Guest Actor (2010)
- Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo (ABS-CBN) - Barry (2010)
- Florinda (ABS-CBN) - George (2009)
- Ruffa & Ai (ABS-CBN) - Himself (2009)
- Shall We Dance? (TV5) - Co-host (2009)
- Banana Split/Banana Sundae (ABS-CBN) - Various Roles (2009–present)
- I Love Betty La Fea (ABS-CBN) - as Eda (2009)
- Pangarap na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - Berns Bautista (2007)
- Love Spell: "Click Na Click" (ABS-CBN) - Manilyn (2006)
- John En Shirley (ABS-CBN) - Giovanni (2006)
- Annie B. (Viva Films) - Bar Comedian (2004)
- It's Showtime
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal
- Pilipinas, Game KNB?
- Quizon Avenue
- The Singing Bee
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Awards and Nomination|
|Year||Award Giving Body||Category||Nominated Work||Results|
|2006||Aliw Award||Best Male Stand-up Comedian||N/A||Won|
|2009||23rd PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Comedy Actor||Banana Split||Won|
|2011||25th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Nominated|
|2013||27th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Nominated|
As of 2008, Pooh has been residing in a house in Caloocan which he rents since 1978. He also had a boyfriend who later went abroad.
- "Incredible look-alikes in showbiz". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- Garcia, Rose (4 August 2013). "Comedian Pooh on handling fame and success: "Natatakot ako, e. Ayoko kasi na, kahit sa buhay ko, ayoko ng nabibigo."" [Comedian Pooh on handling fame and success: "Um, I'm scared, I don't like, because even in my life, I don't want to fail."] (in Tagalog and English). Philippine Entertainment Portal Inc. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Pilipinas Win Na Win hosts express gratitude for the support they receive from viewers". PEP.ph.