This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tunjungan Plaza (TP) is the second-biggest shopping center in Surabaya after Pakuwon Mall. It has a net leaseable area of 160,000 m2, which houses more than 500 retail outlets including boutiques, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, bookstores, supermarkets, and children's arcade center. It is a part of Tunjungan City Superblock, an integrated multi-facilities venue, which includes the mall (Tunjungan Plaza), Menara Mandiri Office Tower at the top of TP 2, Regency Condominium and Sheraton Hotel & Tower at the top of TP 3, Four Points Hotel by Sheraton at the top of TP 4, The Peak Residence and Pakuwon Center at the top of TP 5, One Icon Residence and Pakuwon Tower at the top of TP 6. First opened on 7 May 1986, it is divided into six buildings: TP 1, TP 2, TP 3, TP 4, TP 5 and TP 6.
Tunjungan Plaza at morning
|Address||Jalan Basuki Rahmat no. 8–12, Jalan Embong Malang no. 1–31.|
|Opening date||1986 (TP I), 1991 (TP II), 1996 (TP III), 2001 (TP IV), 2015 (TP V), 2017 (TP VI)|
|No. of stores and services||500+|
|No. of anchor tenants||21|
|Total retail floor area||160,000 m2 (1,700,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||7 (TP I), 7 (TP II), 10 (TP III), 7 (TP IV), 6 (TP V), 5 (TP VI)|
|Public transit access|| Surabaya Gubeng |
Surabaya Pasar Turi
Halte Embong Malang
Tunjungan Plaza has some anchor tenants such as Hero Supermarket, Matahari Department Store, Sogo Department Store, Gramedia, Ace Hardware, Electronic Solution, Planet Sports TP 6, Informa TP 2, Informa-Ashley TP 6, Tunjungan 1 XXI, Tunjungan 3 XXI, Tunjungan 5 XXI (IMAX), Zara, Marks & Spencer, H&M, Uniqlo, LC Waikiki, Pasarame, Chipmunks, Toys Kingdom, Aeon Fantasy Kidzoona.
- Tunjungan Plaza 1, is the first mall in Surabaya opened in 1986 located at Jalan Basuki Rahmat no 8-12.
- Tunjungan Plaza 2 is the first expansion of Plaza Tunjungan shopping district next to Tunjungan Plaza 1 on Jalan Basuki Rahmat no 8-12. There are Mandiri Tower at the above of this plaza, and the management office of the mall at the 5th Floor.
- Tunjungan Plaza 3 is the second and the biggest expansion of Tunjungan Plaza shopping district located behind TP1. It has a direct access to Sheraton Hotel & Towers as well as Regency Condominium from the TP3 lobby. It also has connections to TP1, TP4, and TP6 (only 1st and 2nd Floor).
- Tunjungan Plaza 4 is the third expansion in Tunjungan Plaza shopping districts which located on Jalan Embong Malang no 7-21. Sogo Department Store was the biggest anchor tenant of this part of plaza. Four Points Hotel by Sheraton is located on the top of this plaza, which was built together with TP5 and already opened in 2015. This plaza connects to TP3, TP5, and TP6.
- Tunjungan Plaza 5, which consist of shopping mall, offices (Pakuwon Center), condominium (The Peak Residences), located on Jalan Embong Malang no. 1-5 houses the "Fashion Avenue" which has many branded fashion retail outlets. It houses the IMAX which operated by XXI Cinema.
- Tunjungan Plaza 6 is the newest part of Tunjungan City Superblock and the new expansion of the mall. Located on Jalan Embong Malang no 21-31, next to the Sheraton Hotel & Towers. There are two towers at the top of TP 6: One Icon Residence and Pakuwon Tower. TP6 mostly consists of F&B retails and it has a connection bridge to TP3 at the 2nd Floor.
- Tunjungan Plaza 7 was announced during the Grand Opening of TP6 ceremony to be the upcoming project of Pakuwon Group. Pakuwon will expand their mall again for 40,000 m2.
- "About Us | Tunjungan Plaza Surabaya". Tunjunganplaza.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- [dead link]
- Ghozali, Imam (23 September 2017). "Terbesar di Indonesia, TP 6 Beroperasi, Pakuwon Segera Siapkan TP 7". Duta.co.