Phillip Di Giuseppe
Phillip "Phil" Di Giuseppe (born October 9, 1993) is a Canadian professional ice hockey forward who is currently playing with the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was drafted 38th overall by the Carolina Hurricanes in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
|Phillip Di Giuseppe|
Di Giuseppe (left), playing for University of Michigan
October 9, 1993|
Maple, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||192 lb (87 kg; 13 st 10 lb)|
New York Rangers|
38th overall, 2012|
Di Giuseppe played his amateur hockey with the Villanova Knights in the Ontario Junior Hockey League. He committed to play collegiate hockey with the University of Michigan of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association. Following his freshman season, Di Giuseppe was selected in the second round by the Carolina Hurricanes in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He returned to Michigan for his sophomore season in 2012–13, where he set a personal best 28 points in 40 games with Michigan. In his junior season, Di Giuseppe ranked second among Wolverines in goals with 13 in 35 games.
Having played 115 games with the Wolverines, Di Giuseppe opted to forgo his final year of eligibility, signing a three-year, entry-level contract with the Hurricanes on March 26, 2014. He was signed to an amateur try-out contract by the Hurricanes' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers, recording one assist in three games to conclude 2013–14 regular season.
Di Giuseppe began the 2015–16 season with the Checkers. On December 4, 2015, Di Giuseppe received his first NHL recall by the Hurricanes. The following day he made his NHL debut in a 3-2 victory over the Montreal Canadiens.
On July 27, 2017, the Hurricanes re-signed Di Giuseppe to a one-year, two-way contract worth $725,000.
On January 1, 2019, Di Giuseppe was claimed on waivers by the Nashville Predators. He appeared in three games for the Predators, while also playing in 24 games for their AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals.
- "Canes agree to terms on entry-level deal with Di Giuseppe". Carolina Hurricanes. March 26, 2014. Retrieved March 26, 2014.
- "Hurricanes recall McGinn, Slavin and Di Giuseppe". Carolina Hurricanes. December 4, 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- "Skinner scores twice to lift Hurricanes past Canadiens". National Hockey League. December 5, 2015. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Canes re-sign Di Giuseppe to one-year deal". The News & Observer. July 27, 2017. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- "Predators claim Phil Di Giuseppe from Hurricanes". Nashville Predators. January 1, 2019. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "Rangers agree to terms with Free Agent Phillip Di Giuseppe". New York Rangers. July 18, 2019. Retrieved July 18, 2019.