José Ndong Machín Dicombo (Spanish pronunciation: [xoˈse ma'tʃin]; born 14 August 1996), also known as Pepín ([peˈpin]), is an Equatoguinean professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Italian club Monza, on loan from Parma, and the Equatorial Guinea national team.
Machín with Monza in 2020
|Full name||José Ndong Machín Dicombo|
|Date of birth||14 August 1996|
|Place of birth||Bata, Equatorial Guinea|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position(s)||Attacking midfielder|
|Monza (on loan from Parma)|
|2016–2017||→ Trapani (loan)||7||(0)|
|2017||→ FC Lugano (loan)||5||(0)|
|2017–2018||→ Brescia (loan)||21||(1)|
|2018||→ Pescara (loan)||11||(2)|
|2019||→ Parma (loan)||2||(0)|
|2019–2020||→ Pescara (loan)||20||(7)|
|2020–||→ Monza (loan)||1||(0)|
|2011||Equatorial Guinea U16|
|2015||Equatorial Guinea U20|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 January 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 18 February 2020
Born in Bata, Litoral Province, Pepín has started his youth career for CE La Floresta, in Tarragona. In the middle of 2004, he joined FC Barcelona's youth setup and he remained there the next four seasons, coming back to La Floresta for one year. After a stint in FC Cambrils, Pepín signed for Gimnàstic de Tarragona, where he has relaunched his career as a young prospect. Two years later, in 2012, he and Aitor Embela, his teammate for Equatorial Guinea U16, were signed for Málaga CF.
In late January 2015, Pepín was transferred to A.S. Roma, being incorporated to the Primavera side. He played friendly matches with the first team in the middle of 2015 and was an unused substitute in several 2015–16 Serie A matches.
On 31 January 2019, he joined Parma on loan with a €2.5m obligation to buy. On 31 August 2019, Pepín joined his former Serie B club Pescara on loan until 30 June 2020. He scored seven goals in 20 Serie B matches in the first half of the season.
Born in Equatorial Guinea, Machín moved to Spain at an early age and obtained dual-citizenship. He chose to represent his native country, and made his full international debut for Equatorial Guinea on 12 November 2015, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 0–2 loss against Morocco.
- As of 19 November 2029
A few months after joining FC Barcelona, Pepín confessed to being a fan of arch-rivals Real Madrid. He is the nephew of former footballer Juan Carlos Ecomba, who has played in Argentina for Chacarita and Nueva Chicago, among other clubs.
- "Líala, Eto'o" ("Fuss, Eto'o") - Page 1; Mundo Deportivo, Retrieved 12 November 2015 (in Spanish)
- "Líala, Eto'o" ("Fuss, Eto'o") - Page 2; Mundo Deportivo, Retrieved 12 November 2015 (in Spanish)
- 2007–08 FC Barcelona youth system squads; Mundo Deportivo. Retrieved 12 November 2015 (in Spanish)
- Recitales para inmortalizar (Recitals to immortalize); FC Barcelona official website. Retrieved 12 November 2015 (in Spanish)
- "PARMA CALCIO 1913, I MOVIMENTI IN ENTRATA E IN USCITA DEL 31 GENNAIO" (in Italian). Parma. 31 January 2019.
- Machin set for Parma, football-italia.net, 31 January 2019
- "UFFICIALE: Pescara, torna Machin. Presi Masciangelo e Bocic". Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- "UN ALTRO COLPO PER IL MONZA: PRESO MACHIN" (Press release) (in Italian). Monza. 31 January 2020.
- Pepín at National-Football-Teams.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to José Machín.|